MSNBC Article on Mag Instruments

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was feeling a bit guilty when I read this part, (honestly I never thougth about it before) but when we buy a Mag from the store and then mod it that's not hurting Mag right? I mean, they are getting the money for their light and then Malkoff or Lambda or whoever mods it also get paid...anything wrong with that?

No.

Anything else?

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay, crazy theory - but could Mag and Surefire merge in 30-50 years when all the current management is either dead or retired? They're the two big American light companies, after all, and both have formidable patent portfolios.

Locoboy5150

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay, crazy theory - but could Mag and Surefire merge in 30-50 years when all the current management is either dead or retired? They're the two big American light companies, after all, and both have formidable patent portfolios.

I think that would be pretty cool since both companies make lights that don't compete directly against one another. Based on this article, and who knows how accurate it is since it is Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Maglica

It sounds like there are no family heirs to the Mag Instrument empire or at least there are none currently involved with the company. It would be sad to see the company disappear if its founder was not involved any more.