My cree 27 mm x 3 mod in cheap body

Krit

Enlightened
Are you really able to cut custom size glass lenses ?

Are you able to do 21.50mm diameter ? I'm interested in 2 pieces...

BTW, great project !!

bombelman, this glass lens was make by glass shop near my office. They cann't do smaller size than 3 inch and thinkness is at least only about 2 mm.

Nebula

Enlightened
Krit - very nice mod. I have the same light, but in black. I am interested in doing a similar mod with my light. If your are interested in selling one of the extra windows you had cut, please send me a PM with your price. Thanks. KK

Krit

Enlightened
Krit - very nice mod. I have the same light, but in black. I am interested in doing a similar mod with my light. If your are interested in selling one of the extra windows you had cut, please send me a PM with your price. Thanks. KK

Nebula, $7 cover to lens and both PP fee and shipping cost to USA. This is my margin cost, I dodn't cut by myself.

I also have a dozen of Mac2C/D len. this is the same price.

Krit

Enlightened
Kirk, I will ship it out before I go to HK this Thursday.
This lens is equal size as the stock plastic lens.

PP recieved Thanks,

Krit

Last edited:

ManBearPig

Newly Enlightened
If one of you guys could measure the lens for me, I would really appreciate it. I need to know if any of the aspherical lenses at surplusshed will fit it before I order this light.

Nebula

Enlightened
If one of you guys could measure the lens for me, I would really appreciate it. I need to know if any of the aspherical lenses at surplusshed will fit it before I order this light.

MBP - If the OD is the same, I will measure my plastic version tonight and get back to you. KK

Krit

Enlightened
Update Runtime,

This mod light get run time from 2*R123a about 25 minute after full charge. the temperature is rather hot from coutinuous use with aceptable temp.

I did not try with li ion C size yet.

Nebula : lens was shipped out today.

Nebula

Enlightened
How thick is the lip on the bezel? It looks like I'll have to go with a loose fitting 55mm aspheric. Maybe the 60mm one will fit this light, http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.3154

Thanks again.

MBP - I measured the remaining points that you asked about.

1. Bezel opening (across the face) is 50.55mm/2.160";
2. The bezel from the top to bottom edge (at the lens' upper rest point is 3.25mm/1.25" thick;

and just in case you need it the measurement from the horizontal plane (flat across the top of bezel) to the bottom of the inner cavity is 29.00mm/1.121" deep.

I hope this helps. KK