My friend says his 1 watt Rayovac flashlights is brighter than my Strion.

Is a 1 watt Rayovac flashlight brighter than my Strion?

• Yes.

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • No.

Votes: 40 81.6%

• Total voters

Patriot

Flashaholic
do the ceiling bounce test. that'd show you really quick which puts out more light.

+1

The good old ceiling bounce is the next best thing to instrumentation.

Take the lights into a smaller sized room, preferably with white or light colored walls and ceilings. Alternatively shine one on the ceiling and then the other in the same place. Don't look up at the ceiling but look at the walls, floor and objects in the room. The eyes are really good at distinguishing between ambient light levels and that should help to determine which produces more overall light.

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I voted 'no', but just be careful. Your friend may be a secret modder and has something special hidden under the hood. If you get nervous, hide an Orb Raw NS in the head of your Strion. Should be good for 160 lumens, :D

Supernam

Enlightened
1. Shine lights at ceiling in room
2. Take picture with camera in manual mode (same exact settings for both lights)
3. Desaturate picture in photoshop or similar (make it black and white)
4. Tell your friend to STFU.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Were the batteries in your Strion fresh? It's certainly possible if your Strion's batteries were low, the Rayovac with fresh cells could compete with it.

Do the ceiling bounce test with fresh batteries. :) Also could he have the 3-Watt version and is saying it's the 1-Watt version?