MY IDEAL ‘EMERGENCY’ lantern would have

My 'IDEAL EMERGENCY' lantern would have as follows. What is the closest to it that does actually exist - with a link - and what would you add?

- variable output up to 350 lumens with typical lantern flood AND directed beam flashlight
- AM and FM radio
- SW radio
- siren and flashing light (ie., light & sound)
- mosquito repeller
- audio input
- mobile phone charger
- accept ALL OF D, AAA, AA and 18650 rechargeable batteries which are removable and replaceable
- Dynamo chargeable
- AC chargeable
- DC (car) chargeable
- Solar chargeable
- input and output sockets being Nokia 3.5mm diam

Samy

Enlightened
Good list :)

I prefer to have independent products. Everytime i've seen a radio flashlight siren etc combo they're fairly mediocre in design and function. I have a flashlight and a radio and a charger and if any of these fail they are independent of each other so the other items will/should still work.

cheers

RuhRoh

Newly Enlightened
My 'IDEAL EMERGENCY' lantern would have as follows. What is the closest to it that does actually exist - with a link - and what would you add?

- variable output up to 350 lumens with typical lantern flood AND directed beam flashlight
- AM and FM radio
- SW radio
- siren and flashing light (ie., light & sound)
- mosquito repeller
- audio input
- mobile phone charger
- accept ALL OF D, AAA, AA and 18650 rechargeable batteries which are removable and replaceable
- Dynamo chargeable
- AC chargeable
- DC (car) chargeable
- Solar chargeable
- input and output sockets being Nokia 3.5mm diam

Great list of wants for sure. I have a K-Light Lantern - www.KLightLantern.com - that I have on the ready for power outages etc. The basic lantern comes with a solar panel for charging but I opted for the full kit which included not only the solar panel but a 110v and 12v charger and a cell phone charging kit. Works great. I find that I use it more for everyday needs around the house. For example, I changed a light fixture in a closet and needed a bright light to see since I turned off the power in the room. Also use it when working on the car. Great little light. I'm taking it with me on the upcoming road trip just in case.

Illum

Flashaholic
sounds like a good approach to start making one :thinking:
Only problem is... you'll have to figure out how to isolate a charge circuit from another anytime you involve audio amplifiers. Stuff like the electronic mosquito repellers may not produce noise that can be picked up by your radio, but any wires in the vicinity of the circuit may induce some of the noise. Just something to be mindful of.