My new Novatac

travlingtexanman

Newly Enlightened
Well, I went to lighthound today, and I want to start off by saying that those guys at light hound are great. One of their guys was kind enouph to open up on a saturday, and I got to play with their open novatac 120 and a few others before I finaly made the leap and bought one. Thank you to them for alowing me to try before I buy. If any of you have the chance to give them a visit, I highly recomend it.

So I bought my 120p and I must say that the sucker is great. The shading on the outside is perfectly uniform, a nice dark metal gray all over. The emiter is a little off center, but the beam is a perfect circle so I am not going to try and mess with it. And most importantly of all, there is no pulsing. I have tried and tried, and the darn thing wont screw up in that area.

So mainly what I wanted to say is that as far as I can tell so far, my Novatac is damn near perfect. Regardless of all the problems people are having, there are lights comming out that work just fine. So any of you who are woried like I was dont be. I feel silly for waiting so long to get it!

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
CONGRATS on the Novatac AND being able to visit Light Hound!!

travlingtexanman

Newly Enlightened
Well, I changed my mind. There is one thing I would change. That clip is way too big as others have mentioned. Nova Tac needs to make some sort of clip that is much lower profile.

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
i've heard that most have mismatching HAIII, how many did you go through to find on with matching body color?

travlingtexanman

Newly Enlightened
Actually only one. The guy pulled the first one off the shelf, and every thing matched fine. Ill try to get a pick of it later. It is all one nice dark shade of gray. Allt he same shade. And what is more, i saw like 3 others that were underneath the one i had, and they looked fine too, although lighter.

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I changed my mind. There is one thing I would change. That clip is way too big as others have mentioned. Nova Tac needs to make some sort of clip that is much lower profile.

I got the impression the clip was for uniform duty belts: police, firemen, soldiers etc; the big bulky kind that will hold lots of equipment weight without bending. I don't think it's meant to be for pockets.

Last edited:

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok travlingtexanman, now tell the truth.... did you actually get out of Lighthound with just one new light? :D Hey, I'm happy for you. I just got my replacement light today from NovaTac (took one week, which included them matching the tint from my original), and it seems darn near perfect too.

I really missed it for that week, even though I still had my trusty Jetbeam C-LE, so it's good to have it back. Hey, I'll bet reading the NovaTac Manual 5 times really paid off today when you were testing the light.

Well..... enjoy your new toy.... er.... I mean..... technologically advanced illumination tool! :thumbsup:

travlingtexanman

Newly Enlightened
I got the impression the clip was for uniform duty belts: police, firemen, soldiers etc; the big bulky kind that will hold lots of equipment weight without bending. I don't think it's meant to be for pockets.

I got that impression too, but all the same, I am not about to use it as such. I would not put it on my LBE free like that (the old army idea of a duty belt) because i dont want to bang the snot out of it. pluss, i dont want to loose it. It goes in a case or in my pocket.

hehehehehe, reading the manual did help though. I did not have to read the manual once I got it except to consult the chart with all 22 levels.