My U2 works

Topper

Flashaholic*
Ice said:
That poll here is what we mathematicians call a "representative cross section"... :rock:
As a matter of fact, the lights that were bought from members of this forum are not spe4cifically selected in any way!
However there is one thing that could slightly change the outcome, namely that members of this forum are likely to make high demands to their lights (and e.g. to notice some slight doughnut hole more then "normal people"... :)).
ANyway, with more then 50 votes now that should be enough for some first statistics. :whistle:

I think you make a very good point concerning CPF'ers being more demanding than the average bear. Let face it most folks think there 15 dollar light is Super but cost too much.
My U2 works fine.
Topper :)

Numbers

Enlightened
Sounds to me like zespectre hit the nail exactly on the head (both paragraphs).

My own take is -- There is no denying that until the chatter goes away (or is consistently and OVERWHELMINGLY contradicted) the U2 has some kind of problem.

On a slightly different note.. Why is it that CPF'ers contact the Manufacturer of the light (upon receiving a bad one) instead of just sending it back to the seller for an exchange? I am guilty of this, as the result of reading here and believing the world class customer service statements. I am waiting for the manufacturer to send out a replacement part for 3 weeks now. Shouldnt I have just contacted the seller for a replacement? I am beginning to think I made a mistake.

lightmeup81

Newly Enlightened
Alecgold I ordered my flashlight 1/27/06 recieve 1/31/06 "extra fast delivery" i called the same day i recieved to explain the tail clicky switch issue they said i would recieve a new one in 3-6 weeks i believe it was. so I still have not recieved my replacement switch and is closer to 8 weeks so far for waiting but even if it showed up tommorow i would still be waiting for my flashlight to return. "surefire makes very good flashlights" I just think there service turn around time needs to be faster for as big of a company as they are. there are cpf dealers/manufactuers in here that have much less limited resources than surefire but still send out well working lights with no dust in the reflector,reliable tail caps, ect and still even being a little company will usualy back there product and fix it in a much more acceptable time. sorry i rambled on so much I don't know if i missed something in this mess if so i come on and read comments so let me know.

Troy

HWilliam

Newly Enlightened
"My SureFire U2 has always functioned properly"

Mine too, and I've used it several times most evenings for about four months.

The one I got my kid seems to be fine also. There's a slight donut visible at close range against a white wall but I'm not sure I would have ever noticed it if I hadn't been looking for it. It's certainly not objectionable in real-life use.

I've no doubt some are faulty. There have to be some units that escape any quality control system. However, anecdotal reports (including mine) on the internet aren't any substitute for good data analysed properly.