My UltraFire RL-2088 has landed !

romteb

Enlightened
Too bad the reported quality of the wf-1300l is not so good, it has such a gorgeous smooth perfect beam and massive output :drool:.

See here too for another excellent beamshot comparison with these lights

marcelg

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info about that flashlight, seems i gonna get one.

Good luck.

gsxer

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone I have been looking at this light for awhile. Has there been any trouble reported with this light? Can you run it on high for like 30 minutes and not worry about the light burning out etc? Also where is a good place to buy one? This is going to be a Christmas present to myself with some help from Mom! I was going to get the new Olight K90 but It's not going to out till next year I think. Thanks Bill

applevision

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello everyone I have been looking at this light for awhile. Has there been any trouble reported with this light? Can you run it on high for like 30 minutes and not worry about the light burning out etc? Also where is a good place to buy one? This is going to be a Christmas present to myself with some help from Mom! I was going to get the new Olight K90 but It's not going to out till next year I think. Thanks Bill

Hey gsxer, this is a good light... but can I say that I think there are better purchases out there for you? I would not personally buy this light again, not for any faults, but just the overall price/performance calculation. I am in love with the EagleTac M2XC4 for my handheld cannon, and some new lights are just around the corner! At any rate, it's performed well though I have to confess, I have not used it much at all. Good luck and have fun shopping! :twothumbs

gsxer

Newly Enlightened
wink2.gif
Thanks Applevision for the info! I have a Romisen RC-T5 now for my "cannon" and am looking for a light that is quite a bit brighter and it's going to take a heck of a light. I like to walk the trails in state parks at night and want to light up the trail really good!! The M2XC4 looks great I have been looking at that light also. I was going to get the new Olight K90 with the SST90 led.But It should have been out in September and we still don't have any hard facts yet. This light might be the brighest light we have seen so far not counting HID's. I am guessing 1800 to 2000 lumens with 1500+- OTF the thing runs on 6 18650s batteries. It's getting close to Christmas and I am going to pull the trigger on something! I still might get the Ultrafire I am looking for lots of lumens and kinda floody it doesn't have to be a thrower. I was also looking at the Microfire 24w and 35w HID but I got sticker shock we will see I have been know to do crazy things things this time of the year..
faint.gif

TheNamek

Newly Enlightened
Hi Taigersx (or anyone else who happens to have both RL-2088 AND WF-1300L),

It's been a while since last activity on this thread but...

Does the tailcap switch of the RL-2088 fit and work on the WF-1300L? I have a WF-1300L and I absolutely hate the primitive twisty method - for me, it simply HAS to be switch! On more than one occassion, I've noticed in the morning that the light had switched itself ON(!) for who knows how long simply because I didn't unscrew the tailcap enough!

You can probably see where I'm going here - yes, I am mad enough to buy an RL-2088 just for the tail switch!! Unless anybody knows how to get individual spare parts...

MannyDLights

Newly Enlightened
damn it, just picked up the UltraFire WF-1300L just a couple of weeks back >.>

looks smaller and easier to hold... would you be able to post a indoor beam shot in a corridor against a wall? Just want to compare against my 1300L.. thanks

On the beam shots I saw posted on this thread, I like the 1300L light better, cleaner and more shadow fill ? ..... I also saw a 1300L tested in a dome that put out over 1,500 lumens .... I really like the 1300L SSC7 nice light ! The RL-2088 looks nice too and I like the German technology in it .... If I had the cash I would own them both .:mecry:

Thanks for such a great post :twothumbs

TheNamek

Newly Enlightened
Hi Taigersx (or anyone else who happens to have both RL-2088 AND WF-1300L),

It's been a while since last activity on this thread but...

Does the tailcap switch of the RL-2088 fit and work on the WF-1300L? I have a WF-1300L and I absolutely hate the primitive twisty method - for me, it simply HAS to be switch! On more than one occassion, I've noticed in the morning that the light had switched itself ON(!) for who knows how long simply because I didn't unscrew the tailcap enough!

You can probably see where I'm going here - yes, I am mad enough to buy an RL-2088 just for the tail switch!! Unless anybody knows how to get individual spare parts...

For the record, the tailswitch on the RL-2088 does fit and work on the WF-1300L but not vice versa. IMHO this makes the WF-1300L much easier to use.