My UltraFire RL-2088 has landed !

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
The M2X4 seems like it is the brightest of the 3. The M2X4 appears to have way more light in the spill.

This is one of the most awesome reviews to date..Thank you.:twothumbs

Den222

Newly Enlightened
Hello
has anyone compared this RL-2088 to the elektrolumens EDC P7 ???

Or is there no compairson at all??

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello
has anyone compared this RL-2088 to the elektrolumens EDC P7 ???

Or is there no compairson at all??

They are completely different. The EDC P7 is a 6P size light running on a single cell. It likely will make 350~400 lumens, where this Ultrafire RL-2088 can potentially make over 700 lumens out the front. Only one way to find out.

Samples needed, please send to MrGman for testing.:whistle:

frank13

Newly Enlightened
damn it, just picked up the UltraFire WF-1300L just a couple of weeks back >.>

looks smaller and easier to hold... would you be able to post a indoor beam shot in a corridor against a wall? Just want to compare against my 1300L.. thanks

Yes,It's smaller and more handy. And the finish and machining is much better.But This one is around 800 lumen. i can assure you the UF-1300L which uses a U2 bulb is much brighter than RL-2008.UF-1300 is a real beast in brightness.

rizky_p

Flashlight Enthusiast
looks like a nice light, i've been eye-ing for this light since the first time i see it on KD. Thanks for the review.

applevision

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you so much for the beamshot comparos to the EagleTac M2 series! I really like the animated GIF technique because it eliminates monitor issues (i.e., brighter lower on the screen).

Though it is clearly a potent light, I think that the EagleTacs are outperforming it...

Sadly, this is the same case for my new Pilot Whale Osram light. I was very hopeful that it would be the NEXT LEVEL but I think that EagleTac has hit a home run.

I am secretly hoping Neo can pull out the Legion II standard edition so that we can have a SERIOUS shoot-out; all things point to that light being more powerful than the M2 series.

But for now, bang-for-buck, quality and, IMO, style, I think the M2s are the hand-cannons to beat!

I wrote up some more thoughts on this here:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/236664

Thanks again!

applevision

Flashlight Enthusiast
p.s.

I had to tell folks my new way of judging beamshots (yes I am ****oo):

I imagine a horde of zombies/warriors/ninjas (what have you) coming at me in the photo and think about which light I would want to have given the brightness and beam profile.

It's great! It helps me parse out laser-like lights from pure flood and gives me a way to categorize them in my head.

For the above shots, I feel "safer" with the M2 series in both images, and "safest" of all with the M2X. You can see more, better and brighter with it and there are fewer dark shadows. Try it! We can call it the "Zombie Index" or something if we like it...

I'd give the M2X a 9/10 on the Zombie Index--outstanding light! (FWIW, I'd give my trusty Fenix LD01 AAA light a "best-in-class" 4/10 rating; the Fenix TK11 (Q5 model) is a sold 7/10 rating! Something that makes daylight would be the 10/10 rating and there is no doubt that this ranking has a glass ceiling but that it can be useful even in ridiculous situations as a comparative measure, even if there is not great inter-test reliability.)

:thumbsup:

TAIGERSX

Newly Enlightened
Beamshot added for Ultrafire WF-1300L (7*SSC U2) and Wolf-Eyes Pilot Whale. Looks like it's the King of crowd :D! I know its fit and finish is a stepdown from RL-2088 but man, its output is totally outrageous .

Last edited:

applevision

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beamshot added for Ultrafire WF-1300L (7*SSC U2) and Wolf-Eyes Pilot Whale. Looks like it's the King of crowd :D! I know its fit and finish is a stepdown from RL-2088 but man, its output is totally outrageous .

Wow, the WF-1300L is a SERIOUS light!

And here's a pic of the Zombie Index... hee hee!

Picture3.png

applevision

Flashlight Enthusiast
I totally agree!

And with a better beam profile as well.

I'm a little sore about the Pilot Whale... It's a pricey light... oh well, hopefully the build quality will mean that it lasts a long time and is durable.

:grin2:

zgundam

Newly Enlightened

Sweet! Thx for the beam shot comparsions of the 1300L + Wolf Eyes... sorry to be off topic but, does anyone reckon the Pilot Whale looks like a copy of the 1300L (or vice versa)?

Latest posts