Near fatal Burger King experience

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
Burger King Called me back today, he informed me the problem has been fixed, :goodjob: . (I already knew that, I drove by 3 times today)
He then proceeded to tell me that is was his intention to make this a VERY special Christmas for my 2 kids, and made inquiries as to their habits. I told him I was not interested in monetary appologies, and he said it was simply an act of good faith. :) I informed him of my crusaide against the sheer ignorance and lack of responsability of the store owner, he said he also has a young daughter and wishes me well. I am now done with corporate burger king, and I am going to pursue my beef with the owner. This will change my approach a bit as to how I will handle it, Corporate met every request I had in a very timly fashon, that is good business.
There is now one playground out there that got a bit safer. :)

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
:thumbsup: it's sad that something like that has to happen for something to get done... at least we dont have to worry about it happening there again...

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you eveyone for kind words and support.. :)
This is a pretty confusing time, I am faced with so many confusing thoughts on what I should do I don't really have the space in my head to address each response individually. I try to get mad about the whole situation and just keep reminding myself how lucky I am that it turned out as well as it did.

I called the manufacturer with the simple question " are there 500 of these things out there or is this isolated?" I got "Sir, we are well aware of the situation, I have been instructed to direct you to our insurance broker".
This would have ended so long ago if people were capable of just answering a question.
I don't want to be lied to, but telling me they are doing what they can to insure it wont happen to anyone else would go a long, long way.

greenLED

Flashaholic
It gets better, huh?

Pydpiper said:
I called the manufacturer with the simple question " are there 500 of these things out there or is this isolated?" I got "Sir, we are well aware of the situation, I have been instructed to direct you to our insurance broker".

Which probably means they knew about it all along... :headshake
...and have legal means in place for when the first injury or death occurred.

OK, there's a black helicopter outside my window, gotta go! :wave:
:laughing: