Need help in a duty led light choice

RecycledElectron

Newly Enlightened
I EDC a Olight T20 Q5. I'm retired after 30 years as a LEO. The last few years I carried a "Chinese" 6P copy on my belt as did a lot of the guys I worked with. Cheap, disposable and reliable. Yeah, we were issued Streamlights. I can't believe what's become available in just the last couple of years since I've been retired. I know that when you want a reliable gun or light, reputation matters, but I've seen big name stuff fail too, sometimes right outta the box, so you might as well look at some of the cheap stuff.

Like the Romisen RC-F4 from DX. Durable and good looking. Very bright on a 17670, even brighter on RCR123's. It's probably as bright as your T20, but hasn't got as tight a spot, will light someone up pretty well. Buy 2, they're cheap, get a DSD charger and a couple of AW's 17670's (unprotected, you'll have to bore the light out for the protected ones) and you'll have more than 2.5 hours of runtime. About the same size as the Olight so you can slip it into any pocket. You'll be out about the same amount of money as the Olight when you're done buying all that. Check out the review here.
http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=176577

If you want more light than that you're going to have runtime issues or it won't fit in your pocket in plainclothes work. Maybe a D-Mini with a 18650 battery tube would work, you'd have to check it out.

Good luck and stay safe.