need help with my cyclops thor x colossus

R10500

Newly Enlightened
almost a 3/4 of a year ago I accidentally yanked one of the red wires that was preventing access to the battery compartment from the business end and I've had no time to bother figuring out what went wrong until today. I got no amps or volt readings from both power switches, but have not tried charging the batteries yet, but it is the same problem I faced that fateful day anyway. now the problem is I don't know which wires could possibly cause this, and it doesn't help that my knowledge has become quite rusty not having touched on spotlights these few months.

is there a possibility that i'll need to solder something together again, because I don't notice anything loose.

R10500

Newly Enlightened
ok I just discovered that a connecting wire in the blue thing linking the 2 batteries burnt out. the batteries still read 11V although I haven't charged them in a long time. does anyone know of any possible replacement units or methods of somehow replacing that wire with ease? any help is greatly appreciated!

R10500

Newly Enlightened
Hi BVH, yes I think that's what its called, my dad just helped me out on it and we've got a replacement already. now just to put it in the light. I'm also having another problem, I can't remember which prong on the stock bulb is for the low and high filament. also, would the low power wire suffice for an HID ballast or does it make no difference?

EDIT: just fixed it back. is it the low power on the perpendicular prong, negative on the left and high power on the right? also, how could a 15A fuse blow on a 55W HID kit? mine's a quickstart by the way, could this be the reason?

Last edited: