• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Need help with my new Peak Logan 17500.

low

Enlightened
I got it from Oveready today with the Nichia 219. Awesome tint but, it is not as bright as my Zebralight SC51c on the low end of medium (14 lumens). Is this as bright as it gets? I cleaned the contact points with Deoxit Gold with no help and of course I tried different fully charged eneloops (I only have AA) to no avail.
I know they are not going to knock my socks off but hey, I'm thinking it should get at least 80-100 lumens out of new XX eneloops.
Any advice would be so welcome.

low

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try screwing the head down all the way. If that doesn't work, you can elect to take the qtc pill apart, remove the QTC material and reassemble. Use this as a reference for full power, then compare.

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm wondering of the head is bottoming out against the body before the QTC has been compressed enough to go full power? If that's the case then taking the QTC material out will not work as it won't make contact if the head bottoms on the body. Try wadding up a bit of aluminum foil, drop it down the battery tube before dropping the battery in there then try it again. The foil will give you a bit more length. Alternatively, take the QTC pill assembly out and drop the ball of foil in before the battery and see if the light goes to full power (it'll be on and off, no ramping). This will indicate a bad QTC pill. If its still low power after this test then it's a problem with the head.

My Logan CW puts out about 80 lumens on an AA battery.

low

Enlightened
Thanks for the troubleshooting tips but it is still a low show.

It will not work without the QTC pill, it does however allow me to see that the head does indeed screw down untill it contacts the tapered part of the head.

With the QTC material removed it gets no brighter.

It does ramp though, from perhaps 0.001 (barely perceivable in a dark room) to 5 lumens. I did however fall in love with the pure simplicity of it all.

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get some wire, or alluminum foil if that's all you have, and connect the head directly to a battery. This will tell you if it's the head or the qtc.

low

Enlightened
Get some wire, or alluminum foil if that's all you have, and connect the head directly to a battery. This will tell you if it's the head or the qtc.

I jumped it but there is no change in output.