• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Need Modded Work? 2013 ;-) (Taking Orders Again)

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: vinhnguyen54 Need Modded Work? 2013 ;-)

If anyone needs a reference of vinh - He does GREAT work and is very easy going and laid back. He will take care of your light as if it was his own. In the unlikely event that there is an issue he always stands behind his work.

+1 Wayne's TOPS in my book!

Thatspec

Enlightened

Just tried everything and lucky for your XM-L2 focus best :)

Awesome job Vinh! Amazing amount of light coming from the Gatlight now and soooo much nicer tint than the old Seoul P4. That must have been a royal pita to take apart:ohgeez:with all those screws and bars. Could not be happier with it, might actually use the poor shelf queen occasionally now:twothumbs

apache blue

Newly Enlightened

Awesome job Vinh! Amazing amount of light coming from the Gatlight now and soooo much nicer tint than the old Seoul P4. That must have been a royal pita to take apart:ohgeez:with all those screws and bars. Could not be happier with it, might actually use the poor shelf queen occasionally now:twothumbs
Just sent mail about similar surgery on my gatlight, great piece of art but a rather awful flashlight, sounds like vinh is helping it reach its potential.

LumenMan

Enlightened

Wayne is truly "Lord of the Lumens" :bow: His custom work is simply amazing :buddies:

Barbarian

Enlightened

:thumbsup: to Vinh breathing new life into my Ra Clicky. I'll probably be sending you another one soon.

Edit: My other Ra Clicky is also like a new light now with the upgraded emitter.

Last edited:

jimbo-tron

Newly Enlightened

Vinh modded my Maelstrom G5 to a 5000k xp-g2 and one of my quark 123^2 lights to a nichia 219 (which is now my go to EDC) and they both turned out fantastic! I highly recommend him and his work.

weklund

Enlightened

Just received my Solarforce M3 mod from my buddy Wayne ..... Really Nice!! He just installed: XM-L2 5000K, 4.5A, H/M/L, larger Teflon wires, solder filled, artic silver permanent adhesive, Copper direct bonding, and head for better reflector to head heat transfer.

Really nice job .... now this M3 has some serious throw and a milky white flawless beam profile.

Thanks Wayne for another exceptional mod.

M31.jpg

M32.jpg

M33.jpg

M34.jpg

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast

weklund i think you need to send me that m3 for testing

i need to make sure its.... safe :p

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Glad to hear so many good things from you guys :)

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast

just sent you an email about modding potential for this FandyFire light I have from DX. It's one of three lights I actually still have from DX but it's actually really quite nice.

thanks man!

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hello Vinhnguyen54. Can you make me a great flood flashlight that is superior to the 3,500 lumen Nitcore TM26? I'm not technical, but using all of the fancy state of the art techniques like copper bonding, the BEST emitters for flood, best drivers etc. I know that you are limited to size, how many floody lumens do you think you can pack into approximately a 4 to 6 18650 battery flashlights? Width wise I'd rather have the entire thing equally fat like a TM26 then have a disproportionally huge head. Length wise maybe about up to 8 inches, but i am flexible on that (I want it to be able to be on my hip). I do not care to have a 3 minute short lived turbo mode, I want 2 or 3 outputs and if the highest output can't hold for at least 30 minutes than I'd rather not have it at all (For example, the Fenix TK75 can hold it's highest setting for 58 minutes). Beam angle? Obviously wide but let me know what the lumen output pros & cons would be for a few different degrees please. Durability, i don't need anything spectacular but i would just like to have a light that won't break if dropped (perhaps some soft outer coating?). Thank you

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hello Vinhnguyen54. Can you make me a great flood flashlight that is superior to the 3,500 lumen Nitcore TM26? I'm not technical, but using all of the fancy state of the art techniques like copper bonding, the BEST emitters for flood, best drivers etc. I know that you are limited to size, how many floody lumens do you think you can pack into approximately a 4 to 6 18650 battery flashlights? Width wise I'd rather have the entire thing equally fat like a TM26 then have a disproportionally huge head. Length wise maybe about up to 8 inches, but i am flexible on that (I want it to be able to be on my hip). I do not care to have a 3 minute short lived turbo mode, I want 2 or 3 outputs and if the highest output can't hold for at least 30 minutes than I'd rather not have it at all (For example, the Fenix TK75 can hold it's highest setting for 58 minutes). Beam angle? Obviously wide but let me know what the lumen output pros & cons would be for a few different degrees please. Durability, i don't need anything spectacular but i would just like to have a light that won't break if dropped (perhaps some soft outer coating?). Thank you

sounds like you want one of his apex or solarstorm 5 xml mods :)

Knives&Lights

Newly Enlightened

Received my light, nice work. Thanks for the quick turn around. Man love that Nichia 219, should be in all lights from the start. THANK YOU. :)

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast

I remember somebody in this forum said he made them a custom 6,500 lumen flooder, i wonder if they were talking about the apex or solarstorm

Latest posts