• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Need Modded Work? 2013 ;-) (Taking Orders Again)

1SICKLT1TA

Newly Enlightened
Re: (Not Taking More Orders) Need Modded Work? 2013 ;-)

Vinh when you get settled down and taking orders again I have a Dereelight DBS v3 and an extra aspheric head that goes with it I'd like you to work some modder magic on........I'd like to jack this thing up a few notches....I think it would be a good platform for a hellacious throw mod.....

Thanks man...let me know when you are available again....

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Hey Vinh, didn't you make a pill for the nightmaster? thought i saw it somewhere, or might have been dreaming.

1SICKLT1TA

Newly Enlightened

"I have tried a burnt in XML2 in a K40vn and notice much gretaer brightness on Max level. The only problem Level 1 moonlight and level 2 low doesnt work anymore. Perhaps due to a higher forward volatge. "

Could this be done to the led that is already in my K40VN or would it require a swap? Also when you say it loses the first two modes, do you mean the brightness level changes (brighter) or they nothing happens on those settings?

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

IT can be done with the LED already in your light. Nothing happens on those settings.

"I have tried a burnt in XML2 in a K40vn and notice much gretaer brightness on Max level. The only problem Level 1 moonlight and level 2 low doesnt work anymore. Perhaps due to a higher forward volatge. "

Could this be done to the led that is already in my K40VN or would it require a swap? Also when you say it loses the first two modes, do you mean the brightness level changes (brighter) or they nothing happens on those settings?

tallboybass

Newly Enlightened
Please tell us what you can do with a TX25C2!!? Just dedoming or more...and how much $$$? Thanks!

Last edited:

jacobus

Newly Enlightened
Hi

Not sure how all this works but have just sent you an email asking for suggestions for a maximum throw, minimum spill light for use as a spotting light on a sailboat currently in Thailand.

Jacobus

DMS1970

Enlightened
Please tell us what you can do with a TX25C2!!? Just dedoming or more...and how much $$$? Thanks!

Mine is in the mail on the way back to me. XLM 2 swap, dedome, and some heat sink work I think. Not sure if there is a current bump or not. Price - very reasonable! There were some comments in this thread about the tint yellowing up a lot after dedome. I'll let you know.

shimano

Newly Enlightened
Hey just wondering how my TN30 was coming along? Can't wait to use it again. It's the torch that I use daily at work. How do you compare it to the X40vn?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Hey just wondering how my TN30 was coming along? Can't wait to use it again. It's the torch that I use daily at work. How do you compare it to the X40vn?

Shipped ba k to u already. Lumen and throw are about the same. The x40 has a nicer beam imo due to more pleasant outer petals.

Bronco

Enlightened
Vinh, since the arrival of my TN-31VN, my former favorite 'go-to' camping light, the Thrunite Catapult V3, is now too embarrassed to leave the house. It's suffering from severe 'performance envy' issues. Is there anything worthwhile we can do to help it out? Do you have any experience working with these? How many, if any, of the following would you deem to be beneficial:

- emitter swap with upgrade to XM-L2
- de-doming
- direct bond to copper heatsink
- resistance lowering/reliability upgrades to springs, wires and switches
- current boost
- LED burn in

FWIW, I always run the light with the battery tube extender in the 2 x 18650 mode. As for tint, my ideal color temp is in the 4700K to 5000K range. I guess I'd opt for whatever bin emitter would get us closest to that final number after de-doming, burn-in(?), etc.

kengps

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine is in the mail on the way back to me. XLM 2 swap, dedome, and some heat sink work I think. Not sure if there is a current bump or not. Price - very reasonable! There were some comments in this thread about the tint yellowing up a lot after dedome. I'll let you know.

It does get yellow. A little more than the K40 de-dome. Perfect beam though. A nice small spot with 50,400 lux, and a nice big secondary corona.

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
This light doesn't have a moon mode so it would be an excellent candidate for a burn in XML2. I can boost the driver to run 2818650 but it will be less powerful than a new driver running single 18650. $60

Vinh, since the arrival of my TN-31VN, my former favorite 'go-to' camping light, the Thrunite Catapult V3, is now too embarrassed to leave the house. It's suffering from severe 'performance envy' issues. Is there anything worthwhile we can do to help it out? Do you have any experience working with these? How many, if any, of the following would you deem to be beneficial:

- emitter swap with upgrade to XM-L2
- de-doming
- direct bond to copper heatsink
- resistance lowering/reliability upgrades to springs, wires and switches
- current boost
- LED burn in

FWIW, I always run the light with the battery tube extender in the 2 x 18650 mode. As for tint, my ideal color temp is in the 4700K to 5000K range. I guess I'd opt for whatever bin emitter would get us closest to that final number after de-doming, burn-in(?), etc.

Bronco

Enlightened
This light doesn't have a moon mode so it would be an excellent candidate for a burn in XML2.

Excellent. :D

I can boost the driver to run 2818650 but it will be less powerful than a new driver running single 18650. $60

Forgive my ignorance, Vinh, but I'm a bit confused on this point. In stock form, the light runs better in the 2x18650 mode with the battery tube extender installed than it does on a single 18650. Are you saying that you could boost the performance of the stock driver to get more current out of it in the 2x18650 configuration than what I'm seeing now, but that this drive level would still be less than what we could get by swapping out for a new driver and running the light on one 18650? If that's the case, then my follow up question would obviously be, can this new driver also operate with two 18650s and, if so, how is the performance affected?