• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Need Modded Work? 2013 ;-) (Taking Orders Again)

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Need Modded Work? 2013 ;-)

No worries :)
1. Either is fine with me.
2. No, it did not come with a click switch. Can you swap/modify the switch?
3. I'm thinking that the warmer/brighter LEDs would be a nice combination. However, since you can't swap the driver :( this won't be as useful or needed.

So, let me know your thoughts on this & a price. :thanks:

You are right. Search my emails and found your overlooked email. Sorry!

1. May be I can mod a K40 battery carrier to work with this light. Or might be able to fix original
2. I thought there is also a clicky installed
3. There are 7 LEDs but u only want to swap out 3?
4. Can't help

donn_

Flashaholic

I just modded a SX25L3 by simply upping the current and Dedome and I have to conclude that every MTG2 shoudl be dedome. At least in flashlights. The tint, throw, and beam all improved IMO. It even appears brighter as more lumen are shot forward.
I am going dedome all my MTG2 personal lights!

That quote is from another thread, but I'd like to know how you think this mod worked out. Is it sufficient improvement to warrant the expense? What is the cost?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

I can just repair your original battery carrier if its easy. You just pay return shipping. PM with address sent.

No worries :)
1. Either is fine with me.
2. No, it did not come with a click switch. Can you swap/modify the switch?
3. I'm thinking that the warmer/brighter LEDs would be a nice combination. However, since you can't swap the driver :( this won't be as useful or needed.

So, let me know your thoughts on this & a price. :thanks:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

That quote is from another thread, but I'd like to know how you think this mod worked out. Is it sufficient improvement to warrant the expense? What is the cost?

Same HML as the orginal K3 driver. To me the mod is worth it but thats very subjective.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

$50 for the mod. I think the mod is worth it.

thundertree

Enlightened

Vinh,

Much thanks for the direct drive Convoy L2 mod. The hotspot on this is really a beautiful thing as that reflector works astoundingly well with the XM-L2!!

Flyhigh

Newly Enlightened

Got my modded HDS back the other day. Thanks Vinh for the excellent work. Suddenly I feel the urge to have many more lights modified...

Cheers

K

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

The problem with modified lights is that once you got one modded the other stock lights just feel so bland. At least thats how I feel...

Got my modded HDS back the other day. Thanks Vinh for the excellent work. Suddenly I feel the urge to have many more lights modified...

Cheers

K

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey Vinh

I have a brand new RRT3 SST-50 what mod can you do to this to give it a kick ?
How about a MT-G2 led swap ? You got drivers yet for the MT-G2 ?
Let me know what you think will work best.
I have a few lights coming your way so I might add this RRT-3 to the group.

:wave:

Glad: I found you I was wondering where you got to congratulations on your new section.

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

You don't want to loose the control ring feature!! XML2 is definitely the way to go. The stock driver is already pushing 4A I think. Bump it up some more and we are good. :)

Hey Vinh

I have a brand new RRT3 SST-50 what mod can you do to this to give it a kick ?
How about a MT-G2 led swap ? You got drivers yet for the MT-G2 ?
Let me know what you think will work best.
I have a few lights coming your way so I might add this RRT-3 to the group.

:wave:

Glad: I found you I was wondering where you got to congratulations on your new section.

einstein2001

Newly Enlightened

Hello Vihn.
I have a Stainless steel Fenix LD01 that has a nasty greenish tint that I cannot stand. What kind of mods can be done to this light. I run 10440s. Thanks.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Customer Special Order: Sunwayman T60CS Triple Nichia 219 with reduced current & copper bonding. A bit of a tricky Job. Gorgeous beam and tint. Turned out much better than I anticipated. I am not a big fan of the anemic 219 but United they aren't bad at all :)

Last edited:

Diablo_331

Enlightened

Thanks for the reply about the low voltage drivers in your drop in thread Wayne. I've ordered a single mode, low voltage Solarforce XML drop in. Their product descriptions are horrible. I'm not sure if it'll run with a single cr123 or not. But at the low price, I figured I'd give it a shot.

Okay, so if it does work with a cr123, I'd like to fully pot it and change the LED to a XML2 4000k. I can do the mod but does anyone know of a good, non electrically conductive potting paste? Thermal conductivity would be a plus as well but isn't a requirement.