need studying tips

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
A few simple tips:

-Pick a nice, quiet and relaxing place to study. I would strongly advise NOT studying at home, unless you have a room that is suitable for your needs. Having the tv on, cars driving by, etc. is going to divert your focus.

-You have to enjoy what you're studying to become. If you don't like it you'll never be interested in it.

-Try studying with a partner or in groups. Even if you're not a very social person, this can help tremendously. Someone can be there to help you out, see something that you might have not seen before, or even point out a mistake that would have otherwise gone unnoticed. They can also motivate you to keep going, to go that extra mile and even provide some encouragement. An added plus is you can end up making new friends.:)

-If the going gets tough, take it slow. In fact, take baby steps if need be. It's better to completely understand a concept than knowing it halfway and flopping on a test.

-This one's a easy one, but eat and sleep well. As a college student (and I admit even now) I sometimes don't eat enough or think I can get away with winging it by skipping a meal. This usually results in feeling down in the dumps, tired, irritable, anxious and not very confident. Same thing goes with not having enough sleep.

...and as RyanA already mentioned, take breaks.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Mdinana

Enlightened
if it's got a power button, turn it off. Internet (probably not computer), Wii, Playstation, flashlights, etc. You need to study, then STUDY.

I did lots of pre-reading, note taking during lecture, and then summarizing over the weekend. Then studied my "cliff notes" for midterms or finals. I personally hate flashcards.

Seemed to do me OK, since I've got 3 post-grad degrees.

Latest posts