Neoca 18650 - 2008 Renderings

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I vote for 1% - 10% - 100% -> this gives an even, logarithmic spread.

And, I vote for blinding power on max =)

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like the low to be as LOW as possible, maybe 1 lumen or so.

I would also prefer the high to be as HIGH as possible , within reason (no harmful effects to the LED) for blinding if needed.

The medium has to only be bright enough for safely walking on a moonless night, or general tasks, with a good long runtime.

These are only my preferences, not to rock the boat at all.:)

Tronic

Newly Enlightened
I vote for 1% - 10% - 100% and maximum 500mA to the LED.
Be sure to set the PWM rate high enough. Everything above 300Hz is good to me.

PEU

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im using 200Hz, with my 40years old eyes I have to move the led pretty fast to notice any flicker.

Sorry for the lack of updates, but I been working on the driver all these weeks, I changed again the design IMHO for the better.

Now the 3 levels are current controlled, so no PWM is used at all.

The ON-OFF-ON is very relaxed, no need to do it fast at all, and last mode is remembered.

I hope I can make a small test run of this driver. It has maximum current of around 720mA, works from 2,9v to 6v (full spec current starts at around 3.4v)

Almost forgot, driver diameter is 0.55" (14mm)

Tomorrow if time allows will make some tables with the driver efficiency.

Pablo

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
How is progress? Quite a bit of time since last post. Did you do efficiency testing? You settled on 1%-10%-100%? You are probably set in stone, but would you consider a higher middle level. I say this because middle level should be the work horse level, the level most used for edc purposes, saving high for the shot of brightness when needed.

Bill

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast
What ever happened with this light? I've been away for quite a while and don't know if there was a new thread made for this.:)

Latest posts