New Alu Proto >Orb

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Exactly the same update as I have just replied in the Raw Camo thread.

I wish I had a firm date for you good folks.?
Simple fact is my CNC shop are behind with there orders & is the cause of most of the delays for me @ Lummi.
I have made the owner aware & discussed at length many options. The best of the options for Lummi is to hang on in there & all being well I will get some metal work produced during June & July. All my forecasts were based on metal work being produced in March which clearly did not happen..
Apologies to all for not being able to stick to these dates.
:thanks:

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the update Rob.

If you can keep us posted on any progress it would make the pain of waiting a little less.

Cheers

iconoclast

Enlightened
The best of the options for Lummi is to hang on in there & all being well I will get some metal work produced during June & July. All my forecasts were based on metal work being produced in March which clearly did not happen..

So, if you were planning on metal work in March that has now become June & July, does that mean that things you predicted for May we should look for in August & September?
Or has whatever part of the process you had planned for April already been handled, and the metal work is all that's left, in which case we should look for June & July availability?
Just wondering what to look for.

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm also very interested in this ... in the meantime I have my Raw AL to tide me over (should be arriving soon :D)

I like the tapered design.

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
:wave: Guys,
I have decided for now that the >orb will stay as a prototype & is not likely to make it into production.
I will be working on a CR2 / PRCR2 Raw very soon & hope to have in production & available before the end of this year.
The >Orb Proto is a fully working unit with Two stages 20/200 running from a single PRCR2 cell.
This only prototype I made back in Feb this year is for sale & I would like £120 GBP includes worldwide shipping.
Paypal can be sent to [email protected]
1st I'll take it gets the >Orb Proto.
:thanks:

orb1-1.jpg

>Orb on the Right

orb2-1.jpg

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aww man, I'd take that if I had the money. Someone is going to be very, very lucky :D

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Rob,

I'll take the >Orb. Thanks Rob, I really appreciate it.:thumbsup:
Edit: :paypal:
Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
>orb proto sold to Steve.
:twothumbs & :thanks:

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
OOOOhhhhhh look at that.....gone. That will teach me to go to the gym straight from work.
Nice catch.
Roll on Christmass Rob !!

hoppy1010

Newly Enlightened
Nice grab Steve. Rob's lights
are the best WOW lights out
there also very useful on the
low setting. I have had 5 of them
down to 2 now but I always make sure I
have at least one in my collection, just love the forum
factor. Keep up the good work Rob.

Regards Jay :twothumbs

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hiya Rob, :wave:

:wave: Guys,
I have decided for now that the >orb will stay as a prototype & is not likely to make it into production.

I will be working on a CR2 / PRCR2 Raw very soon & hope to have in production & available before the end of this year.

Any updates on the CR2/ PRCR2 Raw project?

cheers

Last edited:

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
A CR2 Lummi light is on hold at the moment. Last I heard was that the factory that used to produce the Protected Li-ion from AW did not want to produce these anymore as the tiny cell size made adding the Protection circuit problematic. Hence no PRCR2 Light or no protected cells below CR123 size.
Your probably aware there will be the Lummi Cr123 Raw coming soon.

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
A CR2 Lummi light is on hold at the moment. Last I heard was that the factory that used to produce the Protected Li-ion from AW did not want to produce these anymore as the tiny cell size made adding the Protection circuit problematic. Hence no PRCR2 Light or no protected cells below CR123 size.
Your probably aware there will be the Lummi Cr123 Raw coming soon.

Dam, I didn't know that! I guess I should stop collecting CR2 lights then :sigh:

Thanks for the quick anwswer Rob, I better go a buy some RCR123's then.

Cheers