New Alu Proto >Orb

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Edwood, Perhaps, Looking at the Camo Ano again with Brian ATM

AndyTiedye Looks like a
smoking-smiley-7579.gif

:crackup: always thought this shape looked like a smoke / cigar..

Edwood

Enlightened
Edwood, Perhaps, Looking at the Camo Ano again with Brian ATM

AndyTiedye Looks like a
smoking-smiley-7579.gif

:crackup: always thought this shape looked like a smoke / cigar..

I'm just thinking how awesome the Orb (NS style) would be in Black and Natural HAIII. Beautiful and durable finish.

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
I have been trying to catch up on my Orb reading for a while now and am really excited about the new line up. I may be reading wrong but from what I gathered there will be a plain aluminum version of the Raw-NS ..is this right??

I have 3 Orb lights with an original RAW having no keychain attatchment and the second being the newer style Raw with o-rings and a keychain attatchment and finally my favorite the Raw-NS. I like the NS as it is a little heavier feel and seems smaller in my hand. If there is to be a regular aluminum version of the NS has there been a price posted?....maybe I missed it but I searched this thread and others finding nothing.

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
Ok disregard my last post I have found the information on an older thread on page 2 here.....very nice light this will be and seems to be limited to 100 lights only. I will surely try to get in on this one.

olrac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Rob,

Any updates on the Alu Proto? I am still in for one of the 100 Raw AU , but I just might have to add a proto as well, oh yeah and a Wee Dam as well! :party:.

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
>Orb should happen late April.
The Raw Al will be in production in the next two weeks.
:thanks:

Draven451

Enlightened
Rob,

It is going to be a painful two weeks waiting for the Raw Al! I can't wait! :paypal:

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
The new RAW NS in Alu looks great, just the perfect combo...I hope they come in Camo Ano too. Cant wait..:popcorn:

Edwood

Enlightened
Re: New Raw Al for 2008 - Any Updates??

Even though I already have the Raw NS, I want the Lummi Raw Al (NS style). Oh yes.

Isak Hawk

Enlightened
I'm just thinking how awesome the Orb (NS style) would be in Black and Natural HAIII. Beautiful and durable finish.

Oh yes, a black HA Raw Al would be perfect :naughty: I'm in for a Raw Al even without anodizing though.

Edit: just saw that there will be 30 camo Raw Al's, yeah I want one of those too :thumbsup:

Last edited:

LLLean

Enlightened
The new >Orb looks very nice, but i hope the diameter of the reflector is not reduced (as it appears in the pix) since that will compromise the output. If the 10mm can be cut off the top (the end where the reflector is), then the diameter of the reflector can be about the same as that of the Alu Raw, which is still my favorite light over the NS or Wee.

Much thanks.

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Rob,

Just wondering what emitter you will be using in the Raw AL? R2 by any chance? :naughty:

If they or better are available at the time :thumbsup:

olrac

Flashlight Enthusiast
If they or better are available at the time :thumbsup:

Cool, whatever the emitter I know I'm going to love this light.
Now the wait for the Wee DA. My Wee NS was in my gym bag that some scoundrel walked off with at the gym last week, so I'm Wee-less at the moment, I really got used to wearing it on a chain around my neck. So for the time being I a one orb warrior (Raw NS). Who knows maybe he'll have an unprotected cell accident. :devil:

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
It has gone rather quiet in this part of the forum. How is the >Orb coming along Rob? I guess the Raw Al has taken priority at the moment. Quite rightly so though, the Raw NS/Al/Ti form is a work of functional art in my opinion. That is why I want another Raw Ti :twothumbs: