*NEW*Fenix CL05 Liplight,powered by one AAA battery, a tri-colored LED

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpm00

Enlightened
I have no idea what I would do with it. But for some reason I want it.

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought two to play with. I don't know that it would replace my Glo-toob AAA as a marker, but it does offer a lot of flexibility in a small package.

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got mine in the mail today - first impressions, very nice.

Would do better with a generic black body offering, or a silver to enhance the reflection. Purple or blue seem like compromise in design choices.

The 8 lumen white is really flipping bright, but a 4 hour runtime makes it sub-optimal in my opinion. A "brighter than moonlight" white flash would have been a better choice, again in my opinion - white light carries further at night and a white flash would fit the "personal beacon" role better.

Bushman5

Enlightened
Stay tuned for pictures of the actual light. :)

photos loading to photobucket right now!

Bushman5

Enlightened
still waiting for it.

internet super slow tonight......wind storm in BC causing power outages. :sick:

unwrapping the Fenix CLO5 liplight

contents

the polycarbonate tube does not unscrew.....i tried.....hard....

MORE LOADING TONIGHT, on UPS power right now.

VIDEO LOADING....may take awhile.......power outages every once in a whi

Last edited:

Borad

Enlightened
I bet the polycarbonate will crack at the threads after enough temperature cycles. I'd still consider buying it though.

Bushman5

Enlightened
I bet the polycarbonate will crack at the threads after enough temperature cycles. I'd still consider buying it though.

to turn the light on you twist the aluminum base, not the poly tube.

one could wet a silicone tube hose (clear) and slide it over the poly carbonate and leave a bit of tubing sticking out if they wanted a shock/impact bumper so to speak

i would love to see a BIG version of this light.....with a 26650 battery, 1000 lumen output.........for every color, plus moonlight modes and strobe/sos

Last edited:

Borad

Enlightened
to turn the light on you twist the aluminum base, not the poly tube.

I mean the plastic and aluminum will expand and contract at different rates. I read about PC being adhered to aluminum but I don't know if it's ever been done successfully when it's a PC tube around aluminum threads. If there's a thick enough coat of flexible adhesive, I guess it could work. We'll see what happens after someone uses it for a year or two outdoors.

Bushman5

Enlightened
I mean the plastic and aluminum will expand and contract at different rates. I read about PC being adhered to aluminum but I don't know if it's ever been done successfully when it's a PC tube around aluminum threads. If there's a thick enough coat of flexible adhesive, I guess it could work. We'll see what happens after someone uses it for a year or two outdoors.

oh oh yes ok i understand now what you meant......kinda like a bridge expansion joint that pulls apart in winter a few inches and expands in summer....gotcha....

----------------------------------

video finally loaded.....

http://vid1113.photobucket.com/albums/k504/Mephistocat/Fenix CLO5 liplight/VIDEO0015_zpsfrwvc1i6.mp4

Last edited:

Dr. Tweedbucket

Enlightened
I'm going to buy 4 of them and glue one to each corner of my pillow. Some nights I'll go to sleep with the red flashy on, other nights with the green flashy.... some other nights I'll have the left side flash red and the right side flash green. I'll list all the other possible combinations in a 6 page comprehensive thread later on. :party:

Chaitanya

Banned
internet super slow tonight......wind storm in BC causing power outages. :sick:

unwrapping the Fenix CLO5 liplight

contents

the polycarbonate tube does not unscrew.....i tried.....hard....

MORE LOADING TONIGHT, on UPS power right now.

VIDEO LOADING....may take awhile.......power outages every once in a whi
Thanks for the pic, still I don't like the design of light but it might be extremely useful while herping in western ghats.With red blinker on and I can carelessly walk along the forest roads during foggy rainy nights and not worry about vehicles on roads having difficulty spotting us from a distance.

Tapis

Enlightened
Considering buying two for my kids to play with. I would have loved to have one when I was their age. All my "adult" lights are quite boring for them.

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Finally thought of a genuine possible use for this light. If you own a small boat you keep three of them, with lithium primaries, on the boat in case you are out at night and for some reason lose your navigation lights. You would have red for the left side, green for the right side, and white for the rear top light. They could also be used used for the same purpose on a plane but I'm not climbing outside during flight to hang these on the wings lol.

Last edited:

PartyPete

Enlightened
I got one of these as a free gift from Fenix the other day. While it is isn't something I would have purchased, now that I've used it a bit, it is a neat little light.

3d4016f8482f8defe5579d66f7f5e0a6.jpg

I was hoping for blue but alas, I got purple. First the bad: The marketing for this light is way too feminine. One of the ads legitimately looked like a tampon advertisement. With only blue and purple as color choices, I can't see how it will appeal to their target audience. Ideally, I think Fenix should add black and silver as color choices and drop the whole "liplight" moniker.

Now the good: sturdy feel, lots of modes, good run times, simple twist switch, and comes with clip.

I'll definitely use it in the future for camping, backpacking etc. Maybe even dog walking. It will make a nice little safety light for the kid for Halloween this year...I could probably even illuminate our pumpkin with it.

Overall, it's a handy little light. I definitely think it could benefit from a different marketing strategy. Still a nice gift from Fenix that I appreciate and will use quite a bit in the future.

sandalian

Enlightened
I'm waiting mine to arrived.

I realized that it could be used as camping light.
Until mine's arrived, I'll pending my camping light purchase to see if this liplight will be sufficient or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.