New Fenix XM-L flashlights - TK21, TK41 and TK70

purelite

Enlightened
I have seen rechargeable D cells with an MAH of a AA listed on the package!!!! They basically stuffed a AA in a D cell casing. Can you believe that ?

Go online as mentioned and get the Tenergys or something. even at 8000-9000 thats a lot of capacity in a pretty safe package.

kj2

Flashaholic
I have seen rechargeable D cells with an MAH of a AA listed on the package!!!! They basically stuffed a AA in a D cell casing. Can you believe that ?

Go online as mentioned and get the Tenergys or something. even at 8000-9000 thats a lot of capacity in a pretty safe package.
Mine Tenergys came in a plastic bag. But from a trusted retailer. :D

igoman

Newly Enlightened
I liked Selfbuilt reviewes, where is he? Cataract you also make good reviews, is that TK41 in the mail already :D?

Last edited:

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Duracell D-cells are only 2100mAh, if I remember good.
I saw a test on the internet, and that test said that the Tenergy D cells have a capacity around 8000-8500mAh.

ROV claims 3000mAh on their package, but most AA's including ROV are 2100... I'm definitely ordering online for D's!

I liked Selfbuilt reviewes, where is he? Cataract you also make good reviews, is that TK41 in the mail already :D?

Thanks, Igoman. I'm holding off for a TK70 and most likely a TK60 as well... I swore a few months back that my next big light would have to break 1000 lumens. I hope they come out on time for my next trip to the two towers. I'd really like to capture those at a mile and put it on here!

Anyone here has ideas about how they're going to carry the TK plunger? I'm planning to make some form of holster I can carry on my back and hook to a backpack. I might even walk down the street with it once or twice just to see people's reactions. I'll stay close to home, though, in case someone calls the SWAT team... "LOOK! he's carrying a rocket launcher!!!"

BryDaddy

Newly Enlightened
ROV claims 3000mAh on their package, but most AA's including ROV are 2100... I'm definitely ordering online for D's!

Thanks, Igoman. I'm holding off for a TK70 and most likely a TK60 as well... I swore a few months back that my next big light would have to break 1000 lumens. I hope they come out on time for my next trip to the two towers. I'd really like to capture those at a mile and put it on here!

Anyone here has ideas about how they're going to carry the TK plunger? I'm planning to make some form of holster I can carry on my back and hook to a backpack. I might even walk down the street with it once or twice just to see people's reactions. I'll stay close to home, though, in case someone calls the SWAT team... "LOOK! he's carrying a rocket launcher!!!"

im thinking something along the lines of say.... HE-Man's back sword holder?? or depending on if you ever saw those cartoons..maybe the sword holder wesley snipes wore on his back in Blade?? hahahaha

g.p.

Enlightened
You'll have to stay close to home...unless you're OK with ditching it to make it back after you get wore out from lugging that thing around! :crackup:

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
im thinking something along the lines of say.... HE-Man's back sword holder?? or depending on if you ever saw those cartoons..maybe the sword holder wesley snipes wore on his back in Blade?? hahahaha

I'll definitely try to make it less obvious than He-Man's silver sheath... and won't go around shirtless for that matter... some people might think it looks like something other than a weapon! ... I like the Blade idea, but for now, I have an old pair of black jeans I'll be converting... perhaps I'll go for the Mad Max look at first. Next, I'll have to accessorise and get me some old black semi with steel reinforced grille...

You'll have to stay close to home...unless you're OK with ditching it to make it back after you get wore out from lugging that thing around! :crackup:

LOL It's great exercise! didn't even think of it that way... Perhaps I should make it a rear-facing holster. Might not make me go much faster, but sure will make it look like so when the others behind stop to feel their way around!

Jannis

Newly Enlightened
Have mesured cb lux numbers, of some of my new xm-l lights have also mesured some older lights for comparisation

Fenix tk10 14.7 lux
Fenix tk15 25.1 lux
Fenix tk40 31.2 lux
Fenix tk21 36.3 lux
fenix tk35 51.0 lux
Thrunite xm-l drop in 31.5 lux
lumapower signature lx 33.2 lux
olight m3x 58.2 lux :eek:

maybe I been lucky but none of my xm-l lights have green tint.

Hawkman

Newly Enlightened
Have mesured cb lux numbers, of some of my new xm-l lights have also mesured some older lights for comparisation

fenix tk35 51.0 lux
olight m3x 58.2 lux :eek:

Since the tk35 is supposed to be 820 lumens vs the m3x's 700 lumens, does that mean the olight is casting its light within a tighter area to achieve the higher lux?

Hawkman

Newly Enlightened
3.jpg

4.jpg

I guess that answers my question. :ironic:

Jannis

Newly Enlightened
Since the tk35 is supposed to be 820 lumens vs the m3x's 700 lumens, does that mean the olight is casting its light within a tighter area to achieve the higher lux?
The lux number is total output, mesured from ceiling bounce, the size of the spot should not affekt the lux number, if I mesure the spot, the differents would be huge,
my guess is that olight is very moderat with the stated lumens. I also have olight m31 at 800 lumen, this is dimmer than m3x for some reason? m3x is a very bright throw monster:grin2:

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got my TK41 today. WOOHOO!!!

No green tint here. I'm impressed with the throw.

bbb74

Enlightened
The lux number is total output, mesured from ceiling bounce, the size of the spot should not affekt the lux number, if I mesure the spot, the differents would be huge,
my guess is that olight is very moderat with the stated lumens. I also have olight m31 at 800 lumen, this is dimmer than m3x for some reason? m3x is a very bright throw monster:grin2:

Huh? Lumens is total output. Lux would definitely be affected by the size of the spot - the smaller the spot the more lux and the more throw.

HKJ

Flashaholic
Huh? Lumens is total output. Lux would definitely be affected by the size of the spot - the smaller the spot the more lux and the more throw.

When you do a ceiling bounce and measure the reflected lux, you get something that is closer to a comparison of lumen output.

I do the same for my comparisons:

Last edited:

picrthis

Enlightened
Well after being very disappointed that the Fenix TK21-U2 didn't come with a body clip to carry it, after much searching and experimenting I found a clip that fits the TK21 just fine......guess I'll make sure next time to check & re-check wheter the light comes with a body clip as stock. I still can't believe Fenix ships it w/o one and doesn't even make one availble as an option.
I realize some don't like body clips, that's why they should always be removable, but they should include one never-the-less.

I carry my lights clipped to the inside of my front pocket. I don't like to hang holsters on belts just to carry a light, they always seem to get snagged and caught when sitting in a chair,etc. I like the low profile look (almost stealth) of carrying a light or knife clipped to the inside of your pocket.

bbb74

Enlightened
When you do a ceiling bounce and measure the reflected lux, you get something that is closer to a comparison of lumen output.

Ah ok sorry, I do the same myself, I just don't call it lux.

kwak

Enlightened
Can understand why Fenix don't include a clip giving the size of the TK21.

Clipped on any of my trousers it'd have them round my ankles quicker than my Mrs on HRT.

On something like the LD01 i could understand your complaining but not on the TK21.

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast

BrightnessMax.png

HKJ,
what are you using to measure the light after the ceiling bounce?

Thanks