New guy from Canada

InquisitiveInquirer

Enlightened
I own the e12& e25. Stores in Ottawa I know have em were already mentioned here . (M.E.C. & Le Baron.)

is London drugs only in the U.K.?

No. It's actually a chain of Canadian retail stores with headquarters in Richmond, British Columbia. You wouldn't ever expect them to sell quality lights like fenix, but today when i walked in, they actually had them, which is why i was shocked. They usually have meds, electronics, household items, groceries.

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, it's in Alberta, B.C., and parts of Ontario.

They've been carrying Fenix lights since this summer, which is a heck of a step up for their distribution.

I just wish MEC had more FourSevens lights. They've slimmed down the selection some as they stopped carrying the Preon 1 and Quark 123.

ryukin2000

Enlightened
i agree they need more 47's lights. they have a pretty good selection of fenix flashlights already but they also need to add their headlamps/lanterns and even bike lights and i would definitely be going there more.
i second that. They need more 4/7s and fenix...

H.J.M.

Newly Enlightened
i agree they need more 47's lights. they have a pretty good selection of fenix flashlights already but they also need to add their headlamps/lanterns and even bike lights and i would definitely be going there more.
I sent them an email asking MEC why they stopped carrying the quarkCR123 and Preon p1? Also, do they plan on carrying fenix lanterns, headlamps and bicycle lights?
Perhaps this needs it's own thread? I'm unsure, it is regarding Canadian retailer and flashlights. The title is unspecific.

EDIT: 4/7s has discontinued the quark series. That IS that's one reason.
p
HJm

Last edited:

H.J.M.

Newly Enlightened
A 72 pack? Does spending $200 on batteries for a flashlight really make sense? Get a light that runs on AA NiMH's or an 18650 cell, and save yourself a lot of expense and hassle. The nice thing about running a light on rechargeables, is you'll use it because it's basically free. Running on primaries, and you'll find yourself being conservative with the light.

Keenbeam.com has titanium innovation cr123 10pk for $12 CAD ... No tax, S&H makes it harder, but still get 3 or 4 packs, they have 10year shelf life .... Better than buying 100s...
if someone in Canada needs cr123s ..

Dupree

Newly Enlightened
Another thumbs up for Jesse at Keenbeam. His prices might seem a bit high but the taxes are included. Still cheaper than paying duties and import fees if ordering through the U.S. Especially with the crappy exchange rate right now.
I wont buy a light from a U.S. based retailer right now because it's just too expenxive...a $100US light will cost me $120 with the exchange rate...add the tax and duties plus shipping and it's just not worth it.

He will also order whatever you want even if it is not on his website. Great easy going guy to deal with.
I picked up a Nitecore SRT3 for $100 and grabbed a 10 pack of the Titanium Innovation CR123's for $12 taxes in...pretty good deal IMO. I've also grabbed a dozen Eagletac 3400mah 18650's for $16 each, great bateries, great price!
He ordered me a Nitecore HC50, a couple of EA4's and EA41's and an Eagletac GX25A3.
Got a Nitecore I4 charger and some Eneloop XX's at great prices.

LeBaron sometimes sells Duracell CR123's for $3 each. Grabbed a dozen once when I picked up my Fenix PD35 last year.

Found some authentic Samsung 25r unprotected 18650's from a really good guy who has a convenience store in downtown Ottawa...he sells E-Cigs and Vape stuff and got me the 25r's for $15/each taxes in. They give my PD35 that extra "oomph" on turbo -:)

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
A 72 pack? Does spending $200 on batteries for a flashlight really make sense? Get a light that runs on AA NiMH's or an 18650 cell, and save yourself a lot of expense and hassle. The nice thing about running a light on rechargeables, is you'll use it because it's basically free. Running on primaries, and you'll find yourself being conservative with the light.

I think you are blowing this a bit out of proportion man. I am in Canada and can get 12 packs of Streamlight CR123A's for $23, 12 packs of Surefire CR123A's for $22.50, and 10 packs of Titanium Innovations CR123A's for $12. That's not really that bad if you ask me:shrug:

Plus, there are a number of 16340/RCR123A options available from $5-10 if you want to go rechargeable.

While 18650 is a great power source for flashlights(although not the best for EDC size wise imo), single AA is not imo(unless you go to 14500 and then you still get a much larger light). While it has decent capacity, it just cannot keep up with most CR123A lights on the market output wise. Single AA lights are ok but, you just get much better performance in a much smaller package with most CR123A lights.

High performance always comes at a cost dude:thumbsup:

Last edited:

InquisitiveInquirer

Enlightened
Woe is me. USD/CAD is crap right now. Who remembers way back when the CAD was stronger that the USD (albeit for only a short time). Buying from US right now or any other site dealing in USD will hurt. I'm sticking to canadian retailers for the time being (warriors and wonders).

Orangie

Newly Enlightened
Woe is me. USD/CAD is crap right now. Who remembers way back when the CAD was stronger that the USD (albeit for only a short time). Buying from US right now or any other site dealing in USD will hurt. I'm sticking to canadian retailers for the time being (warriors and wonders).
I know, it's crazy right now, but great for manufacturing. A couple of my local customers are having a hard time keeping up.
Cheers

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast

It's not like the retailers are going to eat the exchange rate. They'll just jack up the prices.

I have a US dollar account for all of my international purchases, so I don't really care what the exchange rate does if I'm paying in US dollars.

Orangie

Newly Enlightened
Quick update and thanks again for the dealer recommendations.
UWe0p2nl.jpg

I usually try a new dealer with a moderately priced item, in order to check them out. I already know about W&W..(Many knives) great service, but out of the new Canadian dealer recommendations, let's say Mac Outdoors has a lot of my cash.lol Great service FAST shipping.
Thanks again all.
Cheers

loquutis79

Enlightened
If your in Richmond Hill you must know about John at J2ledflashlight.com. He has a store in South Unionville Square in Markham. I just picked up my third Eagletac (GX25A3) on Monday past. Mackoutdoors sold me my fourth Eagtac. My fifth was a custom job right from Eagtac China.
Keenbeam was great for the Eagtac 18650's

And of all the luck, I have a Fenix distributor a few streets away from me right here in Mississauga. Several from him. He also has 18650's and all my Tenery cr123's come from him.

Then there was Going Gear State side for a few others but they can be costly these days. (Dollar and shipping)

J2ledflashlight.com also sells Olight, Fenix, Jetbeam, and some others.

Sent from my iPad using Candlepowerforums

Orangie

Newly Enlightened
If your in Richmond Hill you must know about John at J2ledflashlight.com. He has a store in South Unionville Square in Markham. I just picked up my third Eagletac (GX25A3) on Monday past. Mackoutdoors sold me my fourth Eagtac. My fifth was a custom job right from Eagtac China.

And of all the luck, I have a Fenix distributor a few streets away from me right here in Mississauga. Several from him. He also has 18650's and all my Tenery cr123's come from him.

Then there was Going Gear State side for a few others but they can be costly these days. (Dollar and shipping)

I'm in Newmarket and I have visited the J2 In Unionville square. Got the S10 from him. First order with Keanbeam..well, ordered on the weekend, shipped on Wed.(item is stock) Thought for sure that I would get something from Ottawa before the following weekend. The BC dealers do it in 3-4 days. The U.S. in around 5-7
All in we have some fairly good choices though.
Cheers

ryukin2000

Enlightened

just checked out J2ledflashlight for the first time. the prices seem a little high for me. they say free shipping on all items so i guess that's part of it but still...

rpm00

Enlightened
just checked out J2ledflashlight for the first time. the prices seem a little high for me. they say free shipping on all items so i guess that's part of it but still...

Yeah their prices are insultingly high. Can't imagine how they sell anything. Anyone who's into these lights knows where tey can get them for less. I just don't get it. Maybe if you go in person you can bargain? Who knows... Will try one day.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah their prices are insultingly high. Can't imagine how they sell anything. Anyone who's into these lights knows where tey can get them for less. I just don't get it. Maybe if you go in person you can bargain? Who knows... Will try one day.

Once you factor in the horrible Canadian dollar, they're about 20% more than ordering from the U.S. That seems to be the usual markup for this kind of stuff in Canada. (Which is why I normally order from the U.S.) The problem is if your stuff gets flagged by customs for brokerage and taxes. That can make it cost about the same as if you just ordered from Canada in the first place.