New guy with a wierd P60L failure

NickM

Newly Enlightened
Got it back yesterday with a new module.
Works great now.
Had a DX Cree R2 module waiting for it, put that in and WHOA! WAY brighter with much more side spill as well.

Nick

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Had a DX Cree R2 module waiting for it, put that in and WHOA! WAY brighter with much more side spill as well.
Most aftermarket drop-ins are brighter than the P60L. Most of them are also not warrantied. Their manufacturers can drive the LED much harder than is reliable for the application, since they don't have to worry about replacing them when they fail.

mwaldron

Enlightened
Get yourself on the waiting list for a Malkoff (www.malkoffdevices.com) and you can have the best of all worlds, Brightness, Quality, Reliability and Warranty just in case.

I recommend something in the warm line, but it's personal preference. If brightness and run time trump all then the new M61 would be my target.

NickM

Newly Enlightened
Get yourself on the waiting list for a Malkoff (www.malkoffdevices.com) and you can have the best of all worlds, Brightness, Quality, Reliability and Warranty just in case.

I recommend something in the warm line, but it's personal preference. If brightness and run time trump all then the new M61 would be my target.

Do we know anything about the M61 yet?
I have not seen anything on their website about it, neither specs nor price.

Nick

DM51

Flashaholic
Members are reminded that there is a procedure for Reporting posts that are rude or abusive, or violate any CPF Rules. This particularly applies to Rule 4 violations, an example of which was posted above and has now been removed.

Rocketman... please take a week off to reflect on the inadvisability of contravening that rule.

kts... endorsing a troll post constitutes baiting in itself and therefore also a Rule 4 violation. The unimaginative manner in which you did so has mitigated in your favor, so you may return on Tuesday.

carrot

Flashaholic
The M61 should be in full production by March... or thereabouts. I got to play with a preproduction prototype at SHOT and it is really, really awesome. Gene Malkoff and Don McLeish working together means very happy flashaholics! It has a really nice smooth beam and a bit wider hotspot than the M60 which means it'll be a joy to use and an excellent supplement to anyone's Surefire collection.

The M60 itself is absolutely phenomenal, with more throw than the M61 will have and with excellent output... so don't think you're getting "old news" when you get the M60... it is different enough to justify owning both.

mwaldron

Enlightened
Do we know anything about the M61 yet?
I have not seen anything on their website about it, neither specs nor price.

Nick

The specs are now on their website, there's a thread here on CFP too, but it's crowded with a bunch of speculation from people who haven't tried it yet. You may still want to sift through it.

+1 on everything Carrot said.