New LEMAX LX70. Killer Polarion PH50.

toolboy

Newly Enlightened
Dan had mentioned a second group buy, I missed the first. Any news on that?? I was one of the first barn burner group buyers in the past but had to sell during a divorce, imagine that. Now that beautiful part of my life is over, sarcasm implied, I maybe be ready to join the ranks of xevision owners again but a group buy discount would sure lessen the pain of the price of this baby. Don't get me wrong this is a quality machine and worth a quality price.

Patriot

Flashaholic
It appears that the corona is quite a bit larger than the PH50 and the hotspot is definitely more intense. I'm undecided if I'd rather have a smaller overall corona, not that I can change it.

It's actually just the opposite. The PH50 has a substantially larger corona and the XeVision LX70 has a narrower and brighter corona....even at 50W. At 70W the LX70's corona is very intense. It packs at much throw in it's corona that some of my large LED's have in their hotspots. What you're seeing in the pictures above actually are the hot spots since and the corona, which is as wide as the mountain itself, goes largely undetected by the camera. Those photos are zoomed in.

The difference in hot spot between the PH50 and LX70 is just as dramatic as you'll see from the video that should be up shortly.....

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dan had mentioned a second group buy, I missed the first. Any news on that?? I was one of the first barn burner group buyers in the past but had to sell during a divorce, imagine that. Now that beautiful part of my life is over, sarcasm implied, I maybe be ready to join the ranks of xevision owners again but a group buy discount would sure lessen the pain of the price of this baby. Don't get me wrong this is a quality machine and worth a quality price.

Yes, but likely won't occur before late March or even April.

Parker VH

Enlightened
It's actually just the opposite. The PH50 has a substantially larger corona and the XeVision LX70 has a narrower and brighter corona....even at 50W. At 70W the LX70's corona is very intense. It packs at much throw in it's corona that some of my large LED's have in their hotspots. What you're seeing in the pictures above actually are the hot spots since and the corona, which is as wide as the mountain itself, goes largely undetected by the camera. Those photos are zoomed in.

The difference in hot spot between the PH50 and LX70 is just as dramatic as you'll see from the video that should be up shortly.....

Thanks for the clarification. I meant to say that the Lemax has an overall larger diameter output, at least it appears that way to me.

Parker VH

Enlightened
Very impressive! Can't wait for the other videos where you'll get to reach out and really get to show it's stuff. I better cut up my credit card before the next group buy.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the pics and video, Patriot. That makes it even more obvious how great a performer the LX70 is.

Patriot

Flashaholic
http://www.xevision.com/pdf/LX70_LX50II_ANSI_NEMA_test_report 012014.pdf
Here is a link that should be of great interest, test results on both the 35/50 and the 50/70 watt units. These are certified results from a testing lab. Here are some numbers to chew on.

Wow! Impressive throw figures. My first, off the cuff reading at 100M was 1,176,000cd. I was in a hurry and probably could have found a hotter spot in the beam but to see it anywhere north of 1M cd is awesome for a long-arc and 100mm reflector.

Thanks for the pics and video, Patriot. That makes it even more obvious how great a performer the LX70 is.

Yeah, it's really in it's own performance category when it comes to hand held HID's. I've purposely stayed mostly neutral in the beamshots videos because it really speaks for itself. I will be re-shooting the desktop review where I talk about everything that I've learned with this light. I had the XeVision out to 1400 meters the other night and captured it with the video camera. The difference in throw between it and the Polarion's was quite shocking to be honest.

Part 2 of the beamshot series can be found here.

Part 3 and the 1400 meter beamshots will be up on Friday...

BVH

Flashaholic
Excellent review videos Paul - as usual! What a great tuning of lamp output and reflector size and design! As one who is heavy into throwers, that's my kind of handheld throwing HID!

The_Driver

Flashlight Enthusiast
@Patriot: can't wait ;)

@Xevision: how are the lights focused? Even for this size reflector the throw is very, very good. Do put on the the electrode tips into the focus point of the reflector?

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
@Patriot: can't wait ;)

@Xevision: how are the lights focused? Even for this size reflector the throw is very, very good. Do put on the the electrode tips into the focus point of the reflector?

Sorry but some things cannot be revealed, IP details. ;)

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
This light seperates the men from the boys. Compared to a lot of people I throw money around like a nut but u guys have me feeling like a little boy. I have a decent amount of reckless abandon when it comes to my wallet but I'm gonna have to continue to mull this decision over. Can somebody please point out a flaw in this light to give me an excuse to run away

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, it's really in it's own performance category when it comes to hand held HID's. I've purposely stayed mostly neutral in the beamshots videos because it really speaks for itself. I will be re-shooting the desktop review where I talk about everything that I've learned with this light. I had the XeVision out to 1400 meters the other night and captured it with the video camera. The difference in throw between it and the Polarion's was quite shocking to be honest.

Yeah, it definitely speaks for itself and it is up against some great competition.

Sorry but some things cannot be revealed, IP details. ;)

Understood :p

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
This light seperates the men from the boys. Compared to a lot of people I throw money around like a nut but u guys have me feeling like a little boy. I have a decent amount of reckless abandon when it comes to my wallet but I'm gonna have to continue to mull this decision over. Can somebody please point out a flaw in this light to give me an excuse to run away

No, buy it.:devil:

Karl