New Malkoff MDC in the works.

Norm

Retired Administrator
Congrats to the select few that managed to buy it at a special price.

I bought mine at full price but I am glad to see Gene move forward to an improved iteration. After all, he is listening to us.
I agree with Gene moving forward, just hurts the hip pocket nerve when you've paid double :( when you include postage. I would delete my previous post but it has been quoted so I'll leave it stand.

Norm

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened
My bad, but thanks for reposting that. I guess it is a bit smaller. Also has a shorter debounce time, which for me is good. I think the 5sec of the p60 module is way too long. I guess I'll order a neutral head.

The MDC head is considerably smaller and lighter... I never pocket carried my VME lights, but will drop one an MDC in my pocket without a second thought.

As a sidenote, I have been using an MDC SHO as a battery vampire around the house... I am amazed how long "dead" CR123s will run in that thing!

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats to the select few that managed to buy it at a special price...

I managed to snag the last MDC HA at the special price!

For what you get you just can't beat it at both price points! Sale or rack rate.

Question for those with the MDC with the CR123 tubes, what is the voltage range listed on the bezel? Will the 200 lumen head run on a AA at full power?

Last edited:

dwburke811

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know if there are plans for MDCs in other colors? Pink being the one I'm wondering about; there's already MD2s in pink, so hopefully the MDCs are on the way. I'd love a pink AA MDC, preferably with a Li-Ion LMH head.

Birthday is a few days away and my girlfriend wants to get (meaning I send her the link to which one I want) me a knife and a flashlight. Knife is a Kershaw 1660CB CPM-D2 combo blade Leek; flashlight as of now will be some flavor of pink MD2 with H/L ring and dropin, but if there's pink MDCs in the works I'll hold off.

Sent from my LG P-930 via CyanogenMod 10.1(4.2.2) nightly builds.

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
Additional specs. For a EDC it looks fine to me, but it seems that he has gotten away from the High mode first on the multi mode MDCs.

Summary of Modes: 3/25/250
Approximate continuous runtime in modes: 100hrs/20hrs/1hr

Last edited:

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like those levels and extended run times. They'll be a nice addition to my malkoff collection.

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
Additional specs. For a EDC it looks fine to me, but it seems that he has gotten away from the High mode first on the multi mode MDCs.

Summary of Modes: 3/25/250
Approximate continuous runtime in modes: 100hrs/20hrs/1hr

Good levels and output priority for EDC. Or around the house. Or in the vehicle. Really, useful. I may wait until he comes out with a neutral. Erm...then again, maybe not. The tint on my CR123 is very nice. I'll be keeping my Hi-Medium-Strobe for carry with a pistol, though. I put myself on the notify list for an orange CR123 with the new UI so I won't grab the wrong one by mistake. Now, if he will just make this or an AA with the new UI in purple ano, I'll grab a second for my wife - and take my E1L back :)

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, here she is. Neutral MDC head on a Surefire E1L body and McTc Tailcap with McClicky. With an obligatory knife thrown in... of course.

I like this set up much better than the VME head. It's smaller with a shorter debounce time.

2eqp.jpg

shudaizi

Newly Enlightened
If Gene would offer the MDC LMH with a Nichia 219 I would be all over it. One can dream.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a MDC HA and the bezel doesn't like my E1e/EB1 bodies with the stock clickies or Z68s. The switching is erratic. It works fine with the Malkoff tubes.

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you using a stock surefire switch? If so that could be your problem. There was a mode jumping issue with the e2e triple copper from Oveready. They made some custom mclicky switches to fit the e2e tail caps, problems were solved. You could check with them and see if they have any available.

I got a MDC HA and the bezel doesn't like my E1e/EB1 bodies with the stock clickies or Z68s. The switching is erratic. It works fine with the Malkoff tubes.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you using a stock surefire switch? If so that could be your problem. There was a mode jumping issue with the e2e triple copper from Oveready. They made some custom mclicky switches to fit the e2e tail caps, problems were solved. You could check with them and see if they have any available.

Cool!

Thanks

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know it has been mentioned, but I also want to reinforce my desire for a Nichia 219 based MDC.

Only thing I am not a big fan of in the interface is the lack of memory.

Otherwise, have really enjoyed using my MDC lately. Solid light.

Any issues running on high for extended periods with AW RCR cells? It works just grand, but the cells do get hot.

eala

Latest posts