New member! Please recommend me a light...

depusm12

Flashlight Enthusiast
If he likes the C3 why not just gets some rechargable protected Li-Ions (2 17500's = 3 CR123's) and a charger from Pacific Tatical Solutions.

transammanv8

Newly Enlightened
depusm12 said:
If he likes the C3 why not just gets some rechargable protected Li-Ions (2 17500's = 3 CR123's) and a charger from Pacific Tatical Solutions.
I might just do that. :)

beer2beer

Newly Enlightened
Welcome to CPF!
I dunno if it will help you with helicopter inspections, but I have to say this about the Inova X5 for an EDC light: get it!

alberto

Enlightened
There are probably a number of lights that would serve you well but my recommendation is the Amilite Neo T5 - SSC. It's heavy duty, 2-stage switch to balance run-time and brightness, and high quality. However, I tend to recommend the last best light I've bought, so you should consider all other recommendations as well.

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
If colour rendition is of absolute importance (idenification of similar coloured wires etc...) then many members, including myself will recommend an incandescent flashlight rather than an LED. Rechargables in your C3 is probably the best way to go. If they don't fit, I'm sure you can find a CPF member who, if possible will bore out the battery tube for moderate cost.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would say LED would give you better runtime and such, but for being able to see in a metalic area you need the soft glow from incandescent. An M6 with 3 17670 cells or nimh cells and an MN10 or MN11 bulb would give you great runtime, just need to work out the proper voltage levels, maybe a hot driver or other high current incandescent regulator.