*new* Olight S1 - XM-L2, (R)CR123

wjv

Enlightened
Got my S1 today.

NICE!!!!

I compared it to my Fenix PD25.

- It's about the same thickness as the PD25
- It's about 40% shorter then the PD25
- The hot-spot portion of the beam is about 2.1X - 2.2X wider than the PD25 so it's very floody

I'll have to compare it with my Spark SG5 later and see how the hot-spot matches with that. The SG5 is the most floody small edc light that I currently have.

The tint is also very good. White with very little discoloration around the edges. I always avoided Olight because of their rep for lights with green tint. I'm a bit of a tint snob and I'm quite happy with this light!

OK: The Spark wins when it comes to floodyness. The "hotspot" on the Spark SG5 is about 4X wider than the one on the S1. There really is n hot spot with the SG5. just a huge ball of light with no artifacts and great tint.

Last edited:

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
Olight_S1_Alu_Ti_Cu.jpg

nice little lights.

wjv

Enlightened
GoingGear. . . Thanks for the quick deliver of my S1, even though I had "free delivery" it still arrived in just a few days!

moses

Enlightened
Just got one in from a US dealer today. Very bright and small indeed.

1. Is this supposed to come with a CR123 cell? Or not?

2. I'm a bit confused - do these have memory for last brightness used or not?

Thanks!

akhyar

Enlightened
Just got one in from a US dealer today. Very bright and small indeed.

1. Is this supposed to come with a CR123 cell? Or not?

2. I'm a bit confused - do these have memory for last brightness used or not?

Thanks!

1. The black (aluminium) S1 does not come with CR123 from the factory. If your's come with CR123, the cell is from the dealer/shop.
2. The new UI have memory mode for last brigness, except for Moonlight mode. The older model comes with memory mode including Moonlight.

moses

Enlightened
Thank you. Perfect.

Final question - do they make the regular aluminum one with neutral rather than cool white?

Thanks!

1. The black (aluminium) S1 does not come with CR123 from the factory. If your's come with CR123, the cell is from the dealer/shop.
2. The new UI have memory mode for last brigness, except for Moonlight mode. The older model comes with memory mode including Moonlight.

akhyar

Enlightened
Thank you. Perfect.

Final question - do they make the regular aluminum one with neutral rather than cool white?

Thanks!

So far, only cool white, but you might never know if they will offer this option in the future.
IIRC, only the titanium and GG brass versions come in neutral white.

Dragunbayne

Newly Enlightened
I got the bead blasted titanium version and I absolutely love it! I'm torn on whether to use the wrist strap. I like the idea, but it just seems out of place on such a tiny light. This thing is so useful, good modes, great ui, and so easy to carry.

UnderPar

Enlightened
Olight S1 has become one if my fav EDC light..... It always goes along with my SC 62w...

Last edited:

ikelo

Newly Enlightened
The S1 is the first light I've bought in a while. I think it's incredible.