*new* Olight S10R, S15R and S20R

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice review, :cool: . Am still undecided between S15R and S20R, :confused:

How do you plan to use it? For me, the S20R is so compact that it isn't any more of an encumbrance to carry with me than the S15R, and it's got the extra power of the 18650, so it's my preference.

GoingGear.com

Enlightened
Not very happy that Amazon gets them before everybody else. It's still nowhere to be found except there :mad:

No one actually has these in stock. The production isn't done yet. If they are selling the lights, then they are selling production prototypes that are not the final version.

lautamas

Newly Enlightened
Olight has postponed the final production on these during the very last days of shipment. There was something need to modify. I think this is a good thing knowing that they realize the mistake they did and trying to fix them before shipping them out

NorthernStar

Enlightened
No one actually has these in stock. The production isn't done yet. If they are selling the lights, then they are selling production prototypes that are not the final version.

Are you saying that all of the S10R,S15R and S20R available at Ebay are prototype versions? Those who sells them mentions nothing about that in the product description and the boxes does not either. How can one see the difference between a prototype and a final version? :thinking:

Olight has postponed the final production on these during the very last days of shipment. There was something need to modify. I think this is a good thing knowing that they realize the mistake they did and trying to fix them before shipping them out

What was needed to be modified? Was there any issues with the prototypes?

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you saying that all of the S10R,S15R and S20R available at Ebay are prototype versions? Those who sells them mentions nothing about that in the product description and the boxes does not either. How can one see the difference between a prototype and a final version? :thinking:

they are NOT PROTOTYPES. olight wouldn't release prototypes in the first place...

but there's an issue that was discovered w/ a large percentage of the charging docks. so olight shall be releasing the updated docks very soon

so if you buy now there's a good chance that there might be an issue with the docks. although not all docks are affected.

Polargirl

Newly Enlightened
Hzxj5tJ.jpg

GoingGear.com

Enlightened
they are NOT PROTOTYPES. olight wouldn't release prototypes in the first place...

but there's an issue that was discovered w/ a large percentage of the charging docks. so olight shall be releasing the updated docks very soon

so if you buy now there's a good chance that there might be an issue with the docks. although not all docks are affected.

They wouldn't? We get production prototypes all the time. They pretty much always do small runs to make sure everything is working correctly before going to mass production. Most manufacturers do this.

Polargirl

Newly Enlightened
They wouldn't? We get production prototypes all the time. They pretty much always do small runs to make sure everything is working correctly before going to mass production. Most manufacturers do this.

I was at my mother-in law's house out in the country last weekend for my husband's birthday and he brought down his lights (Olight S10 L2, Olight R40 Seeker, Nitecore HC90 Headlamp, and Nitecore TM26 3800) to show off to his family. His mother was really impressed with the S10 Baton so we promised her a better S10R for her birthday on November 24th (three days before Thanksgiving).

Battery Junction is claiming to have the S10R at the same price as you and spare Olight 16340 batteries 80 cents cheaper. If I wait for you to have the repaired docks, do I stand a better chance at quality reassurance than just buying from Battery Junction? Will you have the repaired docks in stock in time to ship for her birthday?

The Going Gear giveaway for the S10R ends with this month (I did enter – albeit under my Polargirl pseudonym name). Will the repaired docks be ready in time for the giveaway? That would be plenty of time to buy a S10R and get it to my mother-in law.

GoingGear.com

Enlightened
I was at my mother-in law's house out in the country last weekend for my husband's birthday and he brought down his lights (Olight S10 L2, Olight R40 Seeker, Nitecore HC90 Headlamp, and Nitecore TM26 3800) to show off to his family. His mother was really impressed with the S10 Baton so we promised her a better S10R for her birthday on November 24th (three days before Thanksgiving).

Battery Junction is claiming to have the S10R at the same price as you and spare Olight 16340 batteries 80 cents cheaper. If I wait for you to have the repaired docks, do I stand a better chance at quality reassurance than just buying from Battery Junction? Will you have the repaired docks in stock in time to ship for her birthday?

The Going Gear giveaway for the S10R ends with this month (I did enter – albeit under my Polargirl pseudonym name). Will the repaired docks be ready in time for the giveaway? That would be plenty of time to buy a S10R and get it to my mother-in law.

From what I have been told, no one has been shipped the units with the new, final charging docks. We will not ship any units to customers that are not the final production versions and I doubt BJ will either.

We're skirting the line of what should be on CPFMP, so I'll leave it at that.

Polargirl

Newly Enlightened
From what I have been told, no one has been shipped the units with the new, final charging docks. We will not ship any units to customers that are not the final production versions and I doubt BJ will either.

We're skirting the line of what should be on CPFMP, so I'll leave it at that.

I apologize if I brought you to the border of what is acceptable to post on CPF.

Did Olight give you an estimate as to when the repaired lights will be shipped?

GoingGear.com

Enlightened

What was needed to be modified? Was there any issues with the prototypes?

They aren't the final version. The production prototypes had an issue with the charging dock that was fixed this week, but has not shipped. If they are selling them, they are not the final version, unless the rest of the world has a different charging dock than we are receiving in the US. I suppose it's possible that some units from the first batch made it into the wild, but they won't have the final version of the charger.

The lights themselves are fine.

As far as telling the difference, I don't know of a way. Production prototypes are a small run of what the actual lights will be when they ship to customers, so they are usually indistinguishable unless there is something they later change or fix.

GoingGear.com

Enlightened
I apologize if I brought you to the border of what is acceptable to post on CPF.

Did Olight give you an estimate as to when the repaired lights will be shipped?

Doesn't bother me. I just don't want to see our posts get deleted. :)

The lights themselves were fine. It was an issue with the charging docks that has been corrected. They are supposed to start shipping in the next week.

Polargirl

Newly Enlightened
Doesn't bother me. I just don't want to see our posts get deleted. :)

The lights themselves were fine. It was an issue with the charging docks that has been corrected. They are supposed to start shipping in the next week.

I'll wait for you to give the OK so I know my mother in-law has a non-defective dock and I have a possible chance to win one (not likely but should wait and try) as well as a show of appreciation for engaging with potential customers.