New phantom Sure Fire coming?

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Loosen the head, click through 13 levels followed by a painfully slow SOS
Tighten the head, you get 12 more strobes and blinks.

Loosen the head and tighten the tailcap, it plays Mrs Pacman. Click the switch to turn - look out for the ghosts!

Tighten the head and LOOSEN the tailcap, now it plays Halo.

Tighten both, it's a lightsaber. Click the tailswitch, and it's a STROBING lightsaber. Click again and it strobes SOS in case you're losing your battle with Darth Maul. Yoda will be along shortly to kick some butt. Click twice quickly and it sends your girlfriends phone number in morse code. How does Surefire know your girlfriends number? Don't ask!

Loosen both and it's a beerkeg tap. All right! Remove both ends, take the batteries out and you can use it as a straw. Leave the batteries in and someone will be along shortly to do a tracheostomy - the batteries will be surgically removed from your throat in a while. But first you have to reassemble it, get more batteries and find the SOS mode so that people know you're in trouble.

Sorry, I need some coffee.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
A common battery flashlight would make the most sense IMO, mostly AA, there have been a lot of wishes for one of those.

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe it will be their first light to use commonly available alkaline D-cells for a really long runtime!

A common battery flashlight would make the most sense IMO, mostly AA, there have been a lot of wishes for one of those.

AA would be SWEET. :popcorn:

IMHO, I can't see Surefire EVER manufacturing a light that will use standard size batteries. Whether it be AA, AAA, C or D sized cells, common alkaline cells simply don't have the capacity or performance to keep up with a Surefire target market.... tactical operations.

It would be equivalent to Lamborghini building a new supercar around a Briggs and Stratton engine, because the parts are available and they are easy to fix.

Just can't see it happening. :popcorn:

MSax

Warleader

Newly Enlightened
Re: New phantom Sure Fryer coming?

I've got the inside scoop . . . it's the new SureFryer ARMBAC-UMD!

No, it's an entire new light! The name of the current prototype is ARMBAC-UMD.

This new generation of light continues the current trend of SureFryer inovation to the next logical step.

Current Technology: As we know, SureFryer has made changes to it's tube designs to protect customers from themselves and the dangers of Li Ion rechargable cells. Current design prevents those reckless, irresponsible users from inserting Li Ion rechargable cells by a reduction of tube diameter and other measures. This protects the user from creating a non-nuclear toxic detonation or other hazard from the unauthorized use of Li Ion cells. This also protects the massive, ongoing profits SureFryer earns by the sales of C123 cells and makes jobs in the waste disposal industry. The problem with current design is those darned inovative flashaholics. They have circumvated the wisdom of SureFryer and created replacement tubes and other unauthorized modifications to SureFryer flashlight perfection.

New SureFryer Inovation: SureFryer is dedicated to protecting it's customer base (and it's profits) by preventing those foolish users from modifying their lights by a new design change . . . . . . Weld the whole shebang together! No changes to make. No batteries to change. Just use it and throw it away! Then buy another one! That way no user can hurt themselves by making changes to SureFryer perfection. Instead of just having throw-away batteries, we'll have throw-away flashlights!

So Folks . . . . start reserving your ARMBAC-UMD now!

ARMBAC-UMD . . . the future of things to come!

(Anti-Rechargable, Massive BAttery Consuming UnModifiable Disposable)

Last edited:

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMHO, I can't see Surefire EVER manufacturing a light that will use standard size batteries. Whether it be AA, AAA, C or D sized cells, common alkaline cells simply don't have the capacity or performance to keep up with a Surefire target market.... tactical operations.

It would be equivalent to Lamborghini building a new supercar around a Briggs and Stratton engine, because the parts are available and they are easy to fix.

Just can't see it happening. :popcorn:

MSax
Yeah, that's like Bentley manufacturing an ecomonic car for the masses.

bigfoot

Enlightened
But just think of all the money they could wrestle away from Fenix, Inova, and Mag...

Well, it's nice to dream anyway. :whistle:

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
I was speaking with an acquaintance in Technical Support at Sure Fire in Fountain Valley, CA. He told me that Sure Fire is introducing a brand new model flashlight this year (shortley). We were in an awkward situation with other company employees around us, so he couldn't provide any other details. I'm going to try to follow-up on this scoop and I'll bring it here. In the meantime, if anyone has more information on this new phantom SF model, I'd sure like to hear about it. I'd even bet there are a few others interested too.

buttrock.gif

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
Loosen the head, click through 13 levels followed by a painfully slow SOS
Tighten the head, you get 12 more strobes and blinks.

Loosen the head and tighten the tailcap, it plays Mrs Pacman. Click the switch to turn - look out for the ghosts!

Tighten the head and LOOSEN the tailcap, now it plays Halo.

Tighten both, it's a lightsaber. Click the tailswitch, and it's a STROBING lightsaber. Click again and it strobes SOS in case you're losing your battle with Darth Maul. Yoda will be along shortly to kick some butt. Click twice quickly and it sends your girlfriends phone number in morse code. How does Surefire know your girlfriends number? Don't ask!

Loosen both and it's a beerkeg tap. All right! Remove both ends, take the batteries out and you can use it as a straw. Leave the batteries in and someone will be along shortly to do a tracheostomy - the batteries will be surgically removed from your throat in a while. But first you have to reassemble it, get more batteries and find the SOS mode so that people know you're in trouble.

Sorry, I need some coffee.

Oh, my heavens!! .......... no more coffee for you!! :crackup:

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
For some reason I don't think the Titan is quite tactical, that's like Ferrari building a luxury car, Surefire in fact calls it a luxury flashlight and sticking to the car-flashlight analogies luxury-tactical would be luxury-performance...which is really an oxymoron. Furthermore having a aa with a good emmiter and good circuitry would be like taking a 190 horsepower 1.8 liter and putting it into a car that's under 2,000 pounds like a Lotus Elise.

Patriot

Flashaholic
The Titan is a long time already listed in the SureFire's official website. It's not a secret, so obviously isn't the Titan.

It's possible that Spence was getting some under the table info and then again maybe he wasn't. I don't know what his relationship is with the SF representative, but maybe he was just acting like he was giving the OP some kind of 'super secret' info when he really wasn't. May he was being hush hush because the actual release day of the model was still secret...who knows. Seeing that Spence is a newer member and may not have be aware of the Titan, it was my first thought.

I'd sure like to get Size15's take on this.

Lightguy27

Enlightened
I hope it has the sleekness of the L4,the versatility of the U2 and a2, and maybe a little kroma DNA.It would be about the size of the U2 and would utilze it's selector ring aswell,and of course come in black. That my friends would be a sweet light!!