• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

New reflector for MM?

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the tip, Krit... sidespill is useless on a helmet mounted light and the Fraen LP square will light up an entire lane. I guess the BB500 R2H Fraen LP minimag on 2300 mAH NiMH batteries is still king.

AuroraLite

Enlightened
Hi, all.

I too did some modded reflector to fit in my Minim@g, and amongst the modded stock AA reflector, IMS20, IMS17, darkzero modded AA reflectors(brought); personally I would love the IMS20 the most.

The DZ work is truly excellent(as compared to what I have done myself /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif), but my Minim@g couldn't operate without a kroll unless I would decided to mod the head(which is an inrevisible process)

IMS17 is the instant gratification, 30 seconds truly. Trim the three legs, added in o-rings, and you are all good to go.

Stock AA modded is a long process with dremel. I did manage to 'melt' one before I got it right--since I had forgotten the dremel will melt the plastic. After a few hours, the result is decent. It takes 1/4 a turn to deactivate the light without kroll. The dimension is very close to what KJ has described, except I didn't thin out the 'lip'.(I think Minim@g is different from one to another, maybe that's the difference...)

IMS20 is my favorite amongst all, it takes maybe 40+ minutes to trim the legs and opening of the reflector down, and just a very little work around the side to make it a little fit into the head. I think it is time well spent for the result that I've got. And since it is a taller reflector, the twist on-off works well without the kroll.

Just as a friendly tip, I did learn to keep a bowl of water with ice close at hand, and in case the reflector ever got too hot while dremeling, I just dump the puppy in the water and it is all cool. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif