New S2 LED and the Quark

MoreLumens4Me

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I have not posted for along time, but recently bought a couple quark mini 123s, (VERY PLEASED:twothumbs INCREDIBLE OUTPUT for such a small light, my new edc) and am interested in getting a quark 123 2 regular light. I am really interested in the moon mode, however, I have heard that a new s2 led is coming out, so I did not want to get the quark and then have a new s2 version come out so little after. Any idea on when it might come out? If it was just a month or so I could wait but six months would be too long and I would just get the R5 edition.

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
The difference in brightness would probably not be discernible. If you need the latest and greatest, wait. But remember that LED technology is advancing rapidly, and by the time you have your XP-G S2, an S4 may be on the horizon.
Buy what suits your purpose today, and sell it off later in the marketplace when you need to upgrade.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
:crackup:

No idea when the first S2 will come out. What is the difference to the R5 - 10 Lumen?

There will always be a newer, stronger and better emitter coming out. The R5 replaced the R2 just 6 or 8 weeks ago. The S2 may come in 4 weeks, 4 months or even never if they decide to go S5 at once or wait for the T2.

Get yourself a Quark XPG-R5, they are great! Then wait until the new Quark will come out, wait some more time until they change to a newer emitter and get a light that's really better than your Quark XPG-R5. Meanwhile, you can enjoy one of the best and brightest lights around! :wave: