New SF U2: Donut beam and broken clickie

GWC3

Newly Enlightened
friday received my SF replacement tailcaps - 1 for U2 and other for e2L - both would hang up on occassion. Took about 3 weeks from my email and phone call. The U2 switch feels a little stiffer and just feels and sounds like higher quality. I gave it the 10 on and off fast trial and so far so good (current switch wont pass 10 straight quick clicks). But we;ll see. I also got a replacement A2 bulb as mine died within the first 15 mins of use. No hassles they sent them right out.

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok.... it has been a couple of weeks since I called Surefire to get a replacement cap. I have to admit that their customer service is first class and they truely stand behind their product.

Sadly, they sent me the wrong tailcap.... :ohgeez:
Anyhow, I put in another call....so a tailcap is in the mail....again. Another 2 weeks.

It seems that my donut beam isn't much of a donut anymore. Seems to be less pronounced than it was initially....perhaps it's psychological? Or maybe my U2 is possessed. :aaa:

Despite all these problems and quality issues, I feel very happy with my purchase.....really due to 2 reasons:

1) the beam KICKS ***....plain and simple.
2) Surefire lifetime guarantees and prompt customer support is awesome. I feel like I need not worry about this light....ever. For any problems I may have, solutions are just a phone call away....no hassles.

WP

Latest posts