New Wolf-Eyes on sight...The Champion.

yalskey

Enlightened
Looks good, but the only thing I'm worried about is the claimed 280 lumens.

I have a WE Cree R2 drop-in that was claimed to be 260 lumens. My Fenix TK10 (rated at 225 lumens) is a tad brighter however.

I know over-rating lumens is common, and this is like beating a dead horse, but I'd like to see how this light stacks up to a TK10 before I think about it.

yalskey

Enlightened
Just for sake of accuracy Yalskey, WE do not make an R2 drop in

That's funny, because I ordered them from PTS about 4 months ago. See for yourself...
http://www.pts-flashlights.com/products/productList.aspx?uid=1-139-114-147

They came in Wolf-Eyes branded and sealed little boxes.

How much more Wolf-Eyes can you get?

EDIT: Actually I see now that those drop-ins are claimed at 280 lumens, and not 260 like I posted in my first post.... even more supports my point it seems.

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
That's funny, because I ordered them from PTS about 4 months ago. See for yourself...
http://www.pts-flashlights.com/products/productList.aspx?uid=1-139-114-147

They came in Wolf-Eyes branded and sealed little boxes.

How much more Wolf-Eyes can you get?

EDIT: Actually I see now that those drop-ins are claimed at 280 lumens, and not 260 like I posted in my first post.... even more supports my point it seems.

Take a look at the description under the title "Ultra Premium Cree R2 Drop-ins."

You can only get an R2 for your W.E. from PTS.

LINK ~ http://www.pts-flashlights.com/category.aspx?uid=1-25-114

Bullet Bob

Enlightened
Ok, thers going to be another WE light in my future but I am confused. They show 4 versions of the light two with digital control using either cr123 or rechargeables. and two without the digital designation and the same two battery options but in the descriptive narrative of the UI they are all identical so the question is: What is the differance between these 4 lights beside the battery options? What am I missing.

Any Cal.

Enlightened
It would be nice to have one w/ a single stage or a 100*/2*. Otherwise the light seems great. Actually, it seems pretty good regardless of what modes it has. Kudos on making the smaller form factor available.

yalskey

Enlightened
Take a look at the description under the title "Ultra Premium Cree R2 Drop-ins."

You can only get an R2 for your W.E. from PTS.

LINK ~ http://www.pts-flashlights.com/category.aspx?uid=1-25-114

Well darn it all to heck! That sucks and pisses me off.

Why would it be listed in the WE section of the PTS website, and come in a WE box if it wasn't WE? I bought WE because I wanted the quality of WE, but come to find out they are "ProLight" or some crap. No wonder I was disappointed by the output on these things.

Anyone want to buy 2 Wolf-Eyes (yet not Wolf-Eyes) R2 drop-ins that are way over-stated in their lumen claims?

I stick to my TK10... I love that thing. I only wish it had a tactical strobe.

Glen C

Enlightened
Yalskey, very easy mistake and you are not the first one. :)

I just didn't want Wolf Eyes claims and quality judged by the claims and quality of Pro Light.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
The new light looks great... I like the size and bezel down carry. As to its brightness... I was going to do some outdoor beamshots last night at 50 yards with a few Q5 lights from different manufactures. There was not enough difference in beam brightness to even be noticable on the camera (or naked eye) I think all of my Q5 lights are within 15% of each other in brightness no matter what their lumen claim by the manufacture.

If the light has a good form factor... as it looks like it does... and has a nice ui....Im in. I can't wait to see this one in person.

cchurchi

Enlightened
Not to go off topic but I have a WE Q5 defender that is much dimmer then my PTS purchased R2 Sniper. My PTS R2 Storm was much brighter then my Q5 Storm.....

Well darn it all to heck! That sucks and pisses me off.

Why would it be listed in the WE section of the PTS website, and come in a WE box if it wasn't WE? I bought WE because I wanted the quality of WE, but come to find out they are "ProLight" or some crap. No wonder I was disappointed by the output on these things.

Anyone want to buy 2 Wolf-Eyes (yet not Wolf-Eyes) R2 drop-ins that are way over-stated in their lumen claims?

quote]

Glen C

Enlightened
As requested, here are 2 photos of the reflector. The OP is light but these are fairly magnified photos. One is taken facing the window, one away which is a littlle darker with more detail.

Death's Head

Enlightened
I'm torn between waiting for this light, or getting an E2DL. I like the clip placement on this light better.
Any USD price on these? Also, how's Wolf Eyes with their lumens output. Usually way overrated or just slightly overrated.

KeeperSD

Enlightened
Pricing looks to be around or a little less than the Sniper.

Keep in mind that WE quote emitter lumens. I would expect that the beams differ a fair amount between the Champion and the E2DL. Glen may be able to confirm this, but knowing WE's other LED's means there should be a good mix of throw and spill. With this being the case I would think the E2DL would out throw the Champion.

Last edited:

Glen C

Enlightened
Hi Keeper, you are spot on, it is the std WE throw/spill balance, but in a touch smaller scale than a Sniper. I haven't seen a E2DL to compare, I only have an E2D.

At some stage soon I will get some comparison beamshots up

Stephan_L

Newly Enlightened
Hi everybody,

as some others here, I was looking for this light, after it appeared on the CPF in this threat. Since I have been on vacation, I could not check the light on the Wolf-Eyes - website.

But now, back again, I checked it immediatly! And got ... somehow disappointed!

Why ... WHY ... WHY makes Wolf-Eyes a "concealed mode"???????????????? Sorry but I JUST DON'T GET IT!!!!!!!!

I work as a LEO and I am always looking for practical light to use on duty! As I saw the light first, I liked it: The size is good, it takes drop-ins for later upgrading, has a high output of max. 280 lumens and also the little gadget I love so much, the strobe.

But when I read about the UI it ruined just everything!
I should turn on and off the light 7 (seven ... SEVEN?!?!?!?!?) times, to switch from constant light to the strobe?!?!!?!
Helloho????????? If I do that, I already produced strobe and don't need it any more!

For a tactical light, I would need strobe as easy reachable as possible! If I would search a house, I would need momentary on, then, when I find something, I need constant on and if the person is coming on me in an aggressiv manner, I need the strobe! And all this may happen in less than 3 (THREE!) seconds!

So you see that there is no time for seven on-off - switches to reach the strobe!

HEY, this one goes out to all the flashlight manufacturers out there:

You have got to decide: wether to make a tactical light (with or without strobe), where all the functions are easy to access - or you make a light without those features like strobe, SOS, rescue beacon, etc.) and satisfy all those, that have no need for those things.

I'm taking a glass of tea now and calm down!

Sorry Wolf-eyes, but I won't get this light! It looked all good, until I saw the UI! Maybe you can change that - maybe then I would take it.

See you later.

Stephan

yalskey

Enlightened
HEY, this one goes out to all the flashlight manufacturers out there:

You have got to decide: wether to make a tactical light (with or without strobe), where all the functions are easy to access - or you make a light without those features like strobe, SOS, rescue beacon, etc.) and satisfy all those, that have no need for those things.

Amen!!!

Death's Head

Enlightened
That's why I generally don't like lights with multiple modes. Surefire did a great job of putting two modes, but still allowing a strobe manually.
I was hoping that the non-digital Champion will be what I am looking for.