Newbie on a budget looking to buy a flashlight

HBlight

Newly Enlightened
Re: Still searching for a budget flashlight

The real thing is: Even if you buy the Romisen now due to the fact that it better fits your budget, as a good "Flashaholic" you end up buy the Fenix as well. So here is my advise:

-Buy the Romisen, the light that you budget for, and later buy the Fenix and post your review "Romisen VS Fenix".:twothumbs

Hope this can help you to decide!!!!!!

scorcher75

Newly Enlightened

Ok guys, I've decided on a flashlight.
Romisen RC-F4 CREE Q5 LED

Even though I initially wanted to get the Romisen RC-N3 model, I've decided to opt for the RC-F4 model cuz I like the design better and found that most of the user ratings were surprised with its brightness :). It's also very favorable in bessiebenny's "budget" thread.

It's a true bang for the buck.

The real thing is: Even if you buy the Romisen now due to the fact that it better fits your budget, as a good "Flashaholic" you end up buy the Fenix as well. So here is my advise:

-Buy the Romisen, the light that you budget for, and later buy the Fenix and post your review "Romisen VS Fenix".:twothumbs

Hope this can help you to decide!!!!!!

Well, I'm not planning to purchase another flashlight anytime soon. MY financial situation doesn't permit me to become a "flashaholic".
I hope I won't accidently stumble upon the Surefire homepage when I'm drunk or something. :drunk:

In any case, I will post my unprofessional review/impression of the Romisen RC-F4 I'm planning to purchase from shiningbeam cuz the shipping is cheap and theres a promo code.

Thanks for the input guys. :)

DM51

Flashaholic

Welcome to CPF, scorcher75.

It is better to continue with an existing thread than start a new one. The 2 threads logically fit together, so I'll merge them now.

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast

IMO go for the L2D. It's not brighter, but it's much more adaptable- low modes, etc, so if you don't want full power you can conserve battery life.

If you've already purchased the F4, enjoy it :)

Gunner12

Flashaholic

If you went for the F4, don't forget to buy rechargeable batteries too(17670s). That would make it cheaper in the long run.

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about a Streamlight 2AA ProPolymer LED for under $20? 18hr run-time at about 25 (or so) lumens.

scorcher75

Newly Enlightened
Hey all,

after doing some more thinking and realizing that the Fenix lights are superior to the Romisen ones, I decided that I'm not gonna purchase the Romisen RC-F4 flashlight. I just know that if Ill get the Romisen light, I won't be satisfied with it cuz I know that the Fenix lights are better and that I need to spend +$50 for a nice flashlight.

So instead, I'm going to save some more money and opt out for the:
Fenix P3D Q5.

Even though its gona cost me $40 more than the Romisen.
I read the reviews and saw some Youtube videos featuring the Fenix flashlight and boy was I amazed with it.

Hopefully, they might possibly go down in price a bit or I might end up buying an intermediary flashlight like the new Fenix E20 which is tad cheaper.

Thanks for the input guys!

Latest posts