Newbie... with Entry-Level-Lights

TheTana13

Newly Enlightened
Hello everybody...

After reading CPF for weeks, after purchasing few items for my small collection I found some courage to make my first post... and for start just present my collection...

D11 to replace my iNova X1 EDC... and what an upgrade...

P60L with Z59 for shelf collection... classic SF look with "wow" factor clickety-click... had to have this combination even if I'm never gonna practically use it.

Beat up but still awesome P60 that went thru war with me with 4-5 P60 bulbs changed so far and who knows how many CR123's... but now upgraded with M61WL to safely allow me the use of RCR's in it... this is my more demanding EDC (for planned night walks and mechanical work)... practically my workhorse... with a runtime of approx 4hrs... nice...

and finally:

LX2 !!! When me and my wife go to cave hiking I like to pack my workhorse and LX2... Ultimate carry if you ask me, anything stronger than that is for "there is a dude behind the fence with the rifle ready to shoot" situations...

Also on the shelf from before: G2 black with P60 that will sit right next to P6L/Z59 on the shelf. And I USED to have Olight i15 but my lovely wifey took it for her EDC... another reason why I purchased D11 for myself...

JCDLE

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, you don't sound like a newbie... But :welcome:

jellydonut

Enlightened
I guess if by entry level you mean gateway drug.:devil: I predict McGizmos and HIDs in your future.:nana:

The Surefire LX2 is very, very tempting. I checked out Surefire's comparison chart and it's even smaller than my A2. It doesn't look that way in photos but it sure is! Two-stage tailcap, focused TIR beam.. Hm.. I *have* to sell something first at the least.

Ishango

Enlightened
If this is supposed to be entry-level, I've got some catching up to do here :) Because Maglites and Fenix lights are practically the only ones I have here and they come from the lower price range.

Nice set-up and :welcome:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
If those are entry level, well, I must be a baby then :p

Great lights and I hope you enjoy it here!

TheTana13

Newly Enlightened
Well, like I said, I read a lot of posts here at CPF and informed myself before purchase (like in LX2 case)...

I try to go thru life with sentence in my mind "I'm not rich enough to buy cheap stuff"... proves true in most of "Made in PRC" case... (People's Republic of China)... lol

I'm a huge fan of SureFire ever since I purchased my first REAL flashlight - 6P in local PX... now it just got to time to upgrade them a little bit... being deployed gives me a little slack and ability to separate $200 w/o my wife killing me...

I'm thinking about LX4 bazel now to replace P60L from my P6L and use that one in my G2 with P60 making it instantly G2L with 80 lum... then 6PL with 120 lumens... then LX2 with 200... It's going to be a beautiful sight... but apparently only for me... my wife can never understand why I'm buying yet another flashlight (or plastic model kit) when I ALREADY HAVE ONE.. or few... lol...

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF! Don't worry, we don't bite.

Wait till you start expanding your collection to the Surefire E-Series or M-series. M3LT or LumensFactory P7 turbohead. AWESOME. Or if you like incandescents, the Surefire SRTH is a masterpiece. Got an offer for mine recently; pity it's not for sale at any price!

As for the ladies, once I had one inquire about my camera. "Why do you have so many lenses?"

And I answered "To everything its purpose. Why do you have so many bags?"

She looked at me and immediately said "Ahhhh..... I understand everything."

:D :hitit:

Same goes for lights!

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome:

It sounds like you are off to a great start with some really nice lights. The LX2 is really an awesome light isn't it?!

-Robert

TheTana13

Newly Enlightened
LX2 is AWESOME light... when I first got it I tried something that anyone would do... turn the room light off and compare to 6PL... and was kind of... well... dissapointed... you know, three times the money and you don't see much of a difference (my room is 6x6 feet here)... but as soon as I stepped out I tried a long distance... wooooow... made a mistake and lit nearby guardtower... few seconds later got lit back with TORCH that almost blinded me with "mine's bigger, sucka"... later on MPs were looking from where that beam came from (my beam) but I was already sleeping... anyway...
Good thing about my LX2 is that anodizing is almost PERFECT, with all parts matching... the whole tint is somewhat OD shade which is awesome if you ask me... there are no rings in beam nor greenish part in low beam like some people got in theirs... the light is just great in any way...

TheTana13

Newly Enlightened
Welcome to CPF! Don't worry, we don't bite.

Wait till you start expanding your collection to the Surefire E-Series or M-series. M3LT or LumensFactory P7 turbohead. AWESOME. Or if you like incandescents, the Surefire SRTH is a masterpiece. Got an offer for mine recently; pity it's not for sale at any price!

As for the ladies, once I had one inquire about my camera. "Why do you have so many lenses?"

And I answered "To everything its purpose. Why do you have so many bags?"

She looked at me and immediately said "Ahhhh..... I understand everything."

:D :hitit:

Same goes for lights!
Well as soon as I posted the first post I went thru all posts that I read until that point in CPF and how people diverted from "this MiniMag is just the thing I need in my life" to "holly crp, this 6PX is so awesome, never mind my LX2, I gotta have this thing"... there is a CURSE going on if you become CPF member, especially if long time members start tapping you on the shoulder... oh well... life's too short anyway...