NI-AL-Bronze and 464 Naval Brass HDS going on sale...

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you don't like the rotary UI, you'll end up with an expensive version of the light you just sold. All of the characteristics that you dislike will still be there. On the other hand, you might appreciate the red metal enough to overlook those things. I already have and enjoy a high noon rotary, despite my clear preference for the clicky interface. If I buy a second rotary, then at least one rotary HDS will be neglected in favor of my executives. This is my quandary.

Flashaholic problems.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the Rotary not able to be programmed to the exact same presets as a clicky if you want to? Im looking forward to trying the passaround Rotary. Im particularly interested in being able to dial up or down to whatever level suits my situation best.

I understand that the clicky can be customized to any of the levels on the rotary dial.. and that some people leave the light in programming mode so they can change the brightness of any of the presets on the fly.. such as setting the lowest mode in a movie theater to a minimum vs daytime use..

When in doubt, whip your wallet out.

You can always find ready buyers for HDS you decide not to keep.

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the Rotary not able to be programmed to the exact same presets as a clicky if you want to?

Yes.

Anyone know what Ni-Al-Bronze patina looks like?

This is a Sigma Regulus in Al-Bronze with some patina on it. Whether its the exact same alloy that HDS will be using here, I don't know.

z3u5dYb.jpg

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
it might be just me... but im a fan of how HDS lights are calibrated to a certain output. no matter what, if you go with a nichia the output will be 200 lumens. will the run time vary depending on the LED bin? sure. but its almost as if HDS elminates the "stuck between a rock and a hard place" when deciding between output vs tint/CRI. knowing that the 219C would still be "just" 200 lumens, makes it easier to go with one of the 219B's with the 9080 rating. that being said, i still dont own a HDS; but i will tray to get in on one of these runs.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
... that being said, i still dont own a HDS; but i will tray to get in on one of these runs.

They are definitely worth the price of admission, sir. Henry and Hogo figured out that guys like us will buy them in bundles when offered a variety of choices. The flavors of high CRI emitters have been particularly successful, as have the limited material runs.

Just remember that if you try one and don't like it, it will retain nearly all of its resale value.

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Emitter choice will be difficult for these.

Given if i even get lucky enough to get an order placed... i know 4500k is my current favorite being 4000k 219b is no longer and I've never seen 4000k r9080

Plus the fact that i already have 4500k in titanium and aluminium clicky.

The only other option would be 5000k 3 o'clock but i have that in aluminum rotary and clicky already

So with this said, i will shoot for 4000k r9080 in alum-bronze. If i get the order in, then im good and will have to decide for brass. If I'm too slow, then i will try 4000k in brass.

If i miss out on both, then I'm just SOL

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Emitter choice will be difficult for these.

Allow me to make the choice even more difficult...

There will be yet another emitter added to the choices for the Bronze Rotary/Tactical run. Nichia 219b 3500k 9080 will be added. There is a chance that this emitter will not reach 200 lumens at the levels that we drive our lights, but an estimated 180 lumens.
Options are good.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
A third party tested some of the NB35 emitters from the same real that we picked up the ones we will be offering on this run.
Very interesting data... Reached a CRI of 97.

40513340-674727709559205-2860667180863717376-n.jpg

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, and just in case anyone forgot, the Bronze run is going up this Friday at noon Tucson time.

JKolmo

Enlightened
Paypal fingers now in training. Don't wanna miss this one.

Johnnyh

Enlightened
The NB35 calls to me in the Naval Brass! The 3500 219c I got from the low-k run is my favorite late night light...so easy on the eyes. This looks like it will be very nice as well. Great addition!

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the 3500k 219b r9080 only going to be offered on the al-bronze and naval brass runs?

I also want 4000k r9080. Not sure ill be quick enough for this run(but i really want one) chances will be better for naval brass which i also want.

Al-bronze is my first choice of metals which would be a great match for 3500k, but 4000k would be my 1st choice for emitter (for actual use)

Decisions decisions....
I just hope I'm quick enough to score one of these

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
After the Red Metal runs, we will be offering what is left of the 219b 9080 flavors in standard custom lights.

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, good to know. Lately I'm just trying to steer away from the traditional black...makes it easier to remember what is what and makes them a bit more unique

But nice to know there will be some emitters left for those that choose not to get in on these runs or are not quick enough or rather have the executive

Last edited:

doctordun

Enlightened
So, I would like to know the exact name of the emitter(how it will appear on HDS) that has the highest CRI.
I want to make sure I am clicking on the right one, since I am assuming they will not appear until tomorrow at noon and I will only have seconds to decide.

archimedes

Flashaholic
So, I would like to know the exact name of the emitter(how it will appear on HDS) that has the highest CRI.
I want to make sure I am clicking on the right one, since I am assuming they will not appear until tomorrow at noon and I will only have seconds to decide.

... secondS ... lol

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
There will be no mistaking the highest cri options
There will be 3 options for highest cri
3500k, 4000k, 4500k
I don't remember exactly how they are listed but they will say super high cri and they will be the 3 options you currently don't see now

Be careful cause standard option has sapphire glass, not sure if you wanted that $38 option or not

Last edited: