Nichia joins CREE in the 100lm/W club

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is great info guys. Please keep us up to date over here!

I just ordered some Jeledhk 50cd 5mm LEDs off ebay to play around with... :naughty:

Amonra

Enlightened
Beware the beam from those led's has yellowish and blue blotches but i found that if you sand the top a bit with some sandpaper you get a nice flood white beam.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it`s a 5mm LRI (of Photon fame) will likely be the first to get them...they have a long standing relationship with Nichia...seem to know the right people. It would be a good time for them to come out with a AAA power keychain light useing their variable power level concept. Brighter than an Fenix E1 with a better beam and way longer run time. Make the E0, E1 and Arc obsolete. Till they catch up anyway.

Still waiting for a company to come up with a light with a LCD screen built in showing batt level, power level...est. run time left and giving lots of control capabilites. My old electric razor has one...think I paid $30 bucks for it.

But maybe it will be cell phones that do this...yea...a 150 lumen, camera, TV, computer, cell phone...free if you sign up for a year. :) And two free movie tickets.

Ken

Last edited: