Nitecore D5 - Piston Drive CR2/14250

fyrstormer

Banned
Re: Piston Drive CR2/14250

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I had the misconception this thread is going to ask for available CR2 PD lights in the market. Boy, was I wrong.
It's a great proof of concept though. With all the CR2 lights hitting the market, Nitecore would be foolish not to jump on this idea, post-haste.

sonicj

Newly Enlightened
thats awesome!

for the less patient:

jbkwik_lrg.jpg

gotta work quickly! only difference is tensile strength (3,960 psi. vs 2,424 psi) and heat resistance (500° vs 300°).
-sj

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks!

I would but I no longer have an EX10. The D5 measures at 20mm x 64mm, perhaps that gives you an idea of the relative size vs. Ex10?

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks! and the EX10 is about 75mm in length, so your mod is appreciably smaller, must be really handy and yet with great UI. the only smaller light that i have would be my Raw NS at 46.5mm (approx)

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks! and the EX10 is about 75mm in length, so your mod is appreciably smaller, must be really handy and yet with great UI. the only smaller light that i have would be my Raw NS at 46.5mm (approx)

The EX10 is also "fatter", as a result, some prefer the slimmer D10.
So the D5 has the advantage of both being slim & short.

The Raw is much smaller, but it's a twisty.
For push button switch, the piston drive makes the D5 as shots as it gets, as short as the tiny 4Seven Mini 123 Twisty.

I have no doubt if Nitecore do end up introducing a D5 CR2 PD, it'll sell like hot cakes. Much hotter than the 4Seven's Mini CR2 Ti, assuming no "battery for life" program :nana:

Last edited: