Nitecore MH20 vs. Zebralight SC600 MKIII

markr6

Flashaholic
I liked the MH20, but ultimately Zebralights UI and mode spacing made me sell the MH20.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the interesting thing here is that the Nitecore at just over half the price of the ZL, can be compared to the ZL and gets such rigorous debate about their respective pros and cons.

Personally, I expect the ZL to be better, considering the large price difference.

+1

I agree the ZL is probably the higher performance light overall but, its not really a fair fight considering the different price points and the fact that the NC is a much older design. The MH20 holds its own pretty well though considering its half the price and an older design. Remember too that the MH20 comes with built in charging, a nice belt sheath, a lanyard, a micro USB charging cable, a spare USB port cover, a clip, and spare o-rings where as the ZL only comes with a clip and o-rings. That makes the price difference even larger.

I personally dont think the SC600 MKIII offers enough of increase to justify buying one if you already own a MH20 but, that's just my opinion.

Last edited:

recDNA

Flashaholic
I'm a ZL guy but in fairness it is really annoying to have so many potential modes and only have easy access to 3 and imo medium is way too low. I wish I could choose any of all the modes to place in the basic 3 accessible spots.

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is one more feature of MH20 that SC600 does not have: location beacon in off position. Short half-press on the switch makes it blink blue once a three second. Nice feature in total darkness and the light is not on you. I dare to guess, most of us don't keep their lights under the pillow :)

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is one more feature of MH20 that SC600 does not have: location beacon in off position. Short half-press on the switch makes it blink blue once a three second. Nice feature in total darkness and the light is not on you. I dare to guess, most of us don't keep their lights under the pillow :)

That was covered earlier in the thread and I agree it is a nice feature. Its nice that it can be turned on or off as well.

chillylight

Newly Enlightened
Chillylight, let us know what you decide to go with and how it works out! If you do get a MK3 it would be interesting to see a comparison between it and the MH20.

Well, I've had the MH20 for a little while now. And I just ordered an SC600w MKIII. I had thought about getting the cool white version, but Zebra light didn't have those in stock. Thanks to everyone for all the good information.

PROTOOLNUT

Newly Enlightened
I am learning that this site is a huge wealth of information. I think Nitecore makes awesome flashlights. I am really attracted to their Tiny Monster line, but they are way above my price range, and you can't get them used for 100. Anyways, I own the Nitecore EC4, best light I've ever owned thus far, it produces 1000 lumens on turbo, crazy bright. How are you liking your MH20? I notice many people seem to prefer tiny lights that produce between 300 to 800 lumens. I am more into lights that are larger and can shoot 1000 lumens or more. But whats really nice about the big lights is that they have the lower modes too, so if you don't need a whopping 2800 lumens say, you can drive 400 lumens instead. I just like having the power available you know.

markr6

Flashaholic
I refuse to read anything written in Comic Sans! :devil:

just kidding :)

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I've had the MH20 for a little while now. And I just ordered an SC600w MKIII. I had thought about getting the cool white version, but Zebra light didn't have those in stock. Thanks to everyone for all the good information.

Let us know your thoughts and how it works out for you, I think you'll be quite impressed!

PROTOOLNUT

Newly Enlightened
Hey, I like Comic Sans, who wants to look at boring Ariel, Helvetica, and Times New Roman the rest of their lives? They invented CS cause its awesome, it looks even neater in bold but I didn't want to boldify my entire message lol.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
You are probably the only one on this forum who uses a different color, font, and size. The only one I've seen. Its rather annoying, distracting, and childish looking imo. That's probably why others dont use it. You could at least shrink it back to normal size and leave it black. Why dont you get some crayons and paper and then you can look at all the pretty coloured writing you want at your place lol.

Last edited:

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like Calibri, but that's not available, so Courier New from now on! Double exclamation point!!

PROTOOLNUT

Newly Enlightened
You are probably the only one on this forum who uses a different color, font, and size. The only one I've seen. Its rather annoying, distracting, and childish looking imo. That's probably why others dont use it. You could at least shrink it back to normal size and leave it black. Why dont you get some crayons and paper and then you can look at all the pretty coloured writing you want at your place lol.

OK, I get it I am new but that is no reason to be rude. The text on this site is far too small I can't even read it, I got to zoom in on the page several times before I can read everything. I guess I can do without the color but I got to make it bigger. It would do you well to learn some respect, you don't see me insulting other people on the forum.

scout24

Flashaholic
Highly uncalled for, Tachead. Juggernaut and Fivemega both use different colors and fonts IIRC, and there may be others. Take a day off.

Edit- Didn't see the first rude post. Make it two days.

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
Sorry. I started the font thing off as a joke. Didn't mean for others to take it there. Shoulda kept my fingers shut :)

Anyway, I'm not a good one to ask about anything vs. Zebralight because the answer is always Zebralight.

What is 3+7-1? Zebralight!

I had an MH20 for a few days and really liked it, but it was just too similar to my SC600w II, which I liked better. So I didn't want the extra $70 (at the time) light hanging around and sold it.

bkolb69

Newly Enlightened
I'd buy an MK3 HI today if Zebralight had them in stock. I recently got my first Zebralight, an SC62w. I liked it so much that I then bought an H600Fd MK3. Liked that one as well, so I ordered an H602w from some shyster in California, the only place I could find one. Been waiting a week for that one to get here. I then wanted an MK3 HI, but thought it might be easier to find a regular SC600 MK3. I can't stand being on a waiting list, so I don't pre order any lights. I figure that there is a version of the SC600 MK3 in my future, as well as an SC63, so I have four NCR18650GA batteries standing by. Thanks for your valuable input.

You are going to love the H602w. 120° of brilliance. It's like standing underneath a light wherever you go. The peripheral illumination is what sets it apart.

bkolb69

Newly Enlightened

Just got my SC600w Mk III. I already have the SC600w Mk II, and the Mk III rocks. Tint, size, shape, and beam improvements. Small improvements in each area make a significant difference over all.