Nitecore NWL20 (Multi beam workinglight, 21700, USB-C)

Budda

Enlightened
I received the Nitecore NWL20 from Nitecore for the review.

The NWL20 is a multi functional working light. It features a base around which the light can be tilted, orienting it in different angles, magnets to attach it to metallic surfaces and a carabiner.

The NWL20 has 2 emitters, a COB one providing a flood light, and and a standard LED providing a more focused beam. It is powered by a Nitecore standard, non proprietary 21700 rechargeable battery with 5000mAh of capacity, and is rechargeable via micro USB-C port on the outer part of the light.

The NWL20 comes in this box

Nitecore_NWL20_01.jpg

Nitecore_NWL20_02.jpg

The light, measuring 216mm x 50mm x 41mm, weighting in at

The glass is protected by a plastic film

Nitecore_NWL20_03.jpg

On one side there's the USB-C port for charging, protected by a rubber cover, and a 4 stage LED battery indicator

Nitecore_NWL20_04.jpg

Nitecore_NWL20_05.jpg

On the other side there's switch that operates the NWL20

With the included 21700 battery.

Nitecore_NWL20_19.jpg

The flood emitter, with auxiliary red mode. Arount the COB emitter, there's some GITD inserts, allowing you to see the light after dark.

Nitecore_NWL20_14.jpg

Nitecore_NWL20_15.jpg

Nitecore_NWL20_17.jpg

And the spot emitter

Nitecore_NWL20_16.jpg

On the back of the base there are several strong magnets to attach the light.

Nitecore_NWL20_06.jpg

The body can be tilted on the base in several fixed positions

Nitecore_NWL20_07.jpg

Nitecore_NWL20_08.jpg

Nitecore_NWL20_09.jpg

Nitecore_NWL20_10.jpg

Nitecore_NWL20_11.jpg

Nitecore_NWL20_12.jpg

Nitecore_NWL20_13.jpg

And the base has a hook to hang the light

Nitecore_NWL20_18.jpg

The tailcap is made out of plastic, with some large grooves to help the grip. The threads are quite thick and anodised, so physical lockout is possible.

Nitecore_NWL20_20.jpg

The UI

Nitecore_NWL20_21.jpg

Budda

Enlightened
Beamshots

Nitecore_NWL20_28.jpg

Nitecore_NWL20_29.jpg

Nitecore_NWL20_30.jpg

Nitecore_NWL20_31.jpg

Nitecore_NWL20_32.jpg

Nitecore_NWL20_33.jpg

Nitecore_NWL20_34.jpg

Nitecore_NWL20_35.jpg

My thoughts

The light is well built and finished.

I like the several ways that you can use the base to attach the light, and the tilting option. It works well: to change orientation it requires some effort, and then the light doesn't wobble once reached the intended position. The magnets are strong enough to keep the light attached even upside down or when extended.

The UI is fine, it's easy to switch between the 2 beams, and it turns off at the next click after a few seconds. After all, this is the kind of light that u set up, turn it on at the desired setting and then turn off when you are done.

The regulation is not the flattest, but it practice is flat enough that I didn't notice any relevant drops over time. Taking into account that the body of the light is made out of plastic, there's little room for heat dissipation

I like that this light works with non proprietary batteries. I wish it had a warmer tint.

Budda

Enlightened
sorry about the typo, the NWL20 with the battery weights 228,3 grams.
Thanks to: AntoLed, Won, Zampa.

Latest posts