Nitecore TM15 and TM20

grepeyre

Newly Enlightened
He's refunded easily, if anyone has paid for it just ask for a refund (at least he's a hassle free scammer ;) ). That's incredible, over 100 sold on the tiny monster and nearly 200 on the robot vacuum cleaner that's nearly $16,000 on these two items alone.

shanus

Newly Enlightened
suppose it would be hard to ask for a refund if its already marked as posted... just have to remember to hit the Paypal protection in time if i need it.:shrug:

SeamusORiley

Enlightened
This is a fake Ebay listing.
Here is how it usually goes.
Start account and sell $1 items for a year.
Buy your own items and leave yourself feedback.
Sell a bunch of big ticket items all in 1 day.
Delivery expected after Paypal dispute period ends.

This seller meets all criteria.
He has sold 100 iRobot Roombas x $60 all just today.
They typically cost $300.
Ebay will shut this down very soon,
but not before hundreds of people have been scammed.
Cancel your Paypal payment as soon as possible.

Well said. Look at the number who have purchased them at 1/10th the cost and the dates..only the last few days. No one has had time to receive one and leave feedback. The scamming should come to an end soon enough.

SeamusORiley

Enlightened
I have been watching this on ebay. 245 sold. 10 or more available. At some point, reviews will come in negative and the account will be closed and reopened on another scam.

shanus

Newly Enlightened
Last edited:

SeamusORiley

Enlightened
The seller finally responded to a bunch of emails I sent about the authenticity of the flashlight:

"It is true that

- mmmeng777"

SeamusORiley

Enlightened
There are 2 more ebay listings having the TM15 going for ridiculous prices, even less than the first one. Clearly someone has seen the interest and is jumping on the bandwagon, or could it be the same person?

PHP:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nitecore-2450-Lumens-LED-Flashlight-Tiny-Monster-w-4-Batteries-Charger-TM15-/300847664533

PHP:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nitecore-2450-Lumens-LED-Flashlight-Tiny-Monster-w-4-Batteries-Charger-TM15-/150980992834

China seller, with the same items for sale as the ebay.com us site seller.

I placed an order knowing that I can file claim with paypal within the 45 day time frame. If it is a knock off, we'll find out, but if it is just a scam, paypal will refund the money.

Strange things from china! My sky ray king batteries rattle (side to side) but I got it through Amazon, not paypal, so I am not sure how it will work out. As it rattles, it can turn on the light while walking so am am going back and forth emailing the seller, who wants pictures, and has sent pictures. Eventually, I can ask Amazon to intervene. They are good about things like disputes and the emails go through their site, so there is a paper trail.

FlashPilot

Newly Enlightened
Sometimes these deals actually materialize. I have 4 of them from two separate ebay vendors on the way. Both reported as shipped today… time will tell.

shanus

Newly Enlightened
well, as was predicted by others, the item has been removed, and that user is no longer registered. It can be long till the other listings get pulled too. time to get onto paypal.....

SeamusORiley

Enlightened
If you look at the tracking, it will not show movement. It is like electronic notification to expect a package, but there is none sent.
Paypal refunds the money easily so the scammer is caught. He has another account that he is using but should close soon also.

SOPCOM

Newly Enlightened
Guys, I saw that listing online about 2 weeks ago on eBay. I really couldn't believe it, and it was definitely too good to be true. I noticed a few things about the seller and the listing that was really weird as well:
- The seller would always change the quantity back to 10 as soon as it went below 10
- I've been watching the hell out of it, and there was not a point where he had listed more than 10
- I tried buying all 10 all a few times, and for some reason it wouldn't let me. I tried on 2 accounts, no success. I was only able to buy 4 at a time
- He was selling a few hot items, at a fraction of the price. I am pretty sure Nitecore doesn't even buy them at those prices
- Checked their completed listings, and they never sold any similar items in the past
- Tried contacting them, and they never responded

I am pretty certain his whole goal was to try and scam as many people as possible in a short amount of time and clean out his PayPal account at the right moment. Good thing there is eBay protection, but that's definitely a loss on eBay/PayPal's end. Also, what really does not make any sense is how eBay allowed a new seller like that to sell such high volume. I know that in the US, eBay puts a limit on each seller (especially newer ones). For example, they usually tend to limit new sellers to $2000 or 100 items a month, whichever comes first in their first month of selling. And that is a good thing, because it prevents scam artists from coming in and cashing out. I just don't understand how eBay allowed that to happen, even if the seller was in China. I hope this opens their eyes a bit wider and really take a look at their seller system to make it more secure for buyers and legitimate sellers.

SeamusORiley

Enlightened
Guys, I saw that listing online about 2 weeks ago on eBay. I really couldn't believe it, and it was definitely too good to be true. I noticed a few things about the seller and the listing that was really weird as well:
- The seller would always change the quantity back to 10 as soon as it went below 10
- I've been watching the hell out of it, and there was not a point where he had listed more than 10
- I tried buying all 10 all a few times, and for some reason it wouldn't let me. I tried on 2 accounts, no success. I was only able to buy 4 at a time
- He was selling a few hot items, at a fraction of the price. I am pretty sure Nitecore doesn't even buy them at those prices
- Checked their completed listings, and they never sold any similar items in the past
- Tried contacting them, and they never responded

I am pretty certain his whole goal was to try and scam as many people as possible in a short amount of time and clean out his PayPal account at the right moment. Good thing there is eBay protection, but that's definitely a loss on eBay/PayPal's end. Also, what really does not make any sense is how eBay allowed a new seller like that to sell such high volume. I know that in the US, eBay puts a limit on each seller (especially newer ones). For example, they usually tend to limit new sellers to $2000 or 100 items a month, whichever comes first in their first month of selling. And that is a good thing, because it prevents scam artists from coming in and cashing out. I just don't understand how eBay allowed that to happen, even if the seller was in China. I hope this opens their eyes a bit wider and really take a look at their seller system to make it more secure for buyers and legitimate sellers.

His other account had over a year's worth of positive reviews and now is shut down too. Then there was a third offering about the same price (1/10th) which ebay shut down.

My guess is that the seller is hoping that people will not take the time and effort to do what PayPal asks be done to get their money back.

While we are on the Topic of TM 15, what batteries are best with it?

I have purchased a bunch of 18650 batteries on ebay, very cheap, and really don't know if they are "protected" or not. I have a few budget lights that they work in, but I don't know if putting them inside of an expensive light like the TM 15 is worthwhile, or I should just buy the Nitecore batteries. With Nitecore TM 15, I am not sure if they need the 2300 or 2600's, as some sell them with one, and some sell with the other.

anyone?

thanks!

Yourfun2

Enlightened
Some 18650 have been too long to allow connection of the battery holder. I recommend the Eagletac 3100s from GoingGear with the CPFERS discount. The Nitecore 2600s are fine too. You just won't have as long of a run time.

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
You should test your "cheap Ebay" 18650 batteries, or at least measure their full charge voltage with a digital voltmeter.
Many "cheap Ebay" 18650 are cannibalized from discarded laptop battery packs and re-wrapped to be sold as new.
Sometimes they barely even work. This is much more common than you might imagine.

NorthernStar

Enlightened
Wonder what happened to the TM20?

A version with a MT-G2 would be awesome :)

That was a good question!:thinking: I guess the TM20 never went from prototype in to production. However one can hope that it eventually will and in that case it´s going to feature either XM-L2 or MT-G2 diods. Btw,i wonder if Nitecore is going to upgrade the Tiny Monster family(TM11,TM15 and TM26) to XM-L2 or MT-G2 diods this year?

Latest posts