Nitecore TM16GT: 4 x XP-L HI, 1003 meters, 4x18650, 3600 lumens, (beam)shots, compare

Pipper99

Newly Enlightened
My Nitecore TM16GT came with 2300 mAH batteries. Do I need the 3400 mAH batteries to achieve full brightness in Turbo mode?

harro

Enlightened
My Nitecore TM16GT came with 2300 mAH batteries. Do I need the 3400 mAH batteries to achieve full brightness in Turbo mode?

Probably not, your mAH is more to do with the runtimes you will achieve with the light. The higher the mAH, the longer runtime you should get for a given output. My TM16GT operates perfectly well with standard cells of good quality. Hi drain cells are nice, but probably not necessary in this light. Try and steer clear of no name el cheapo, grandiose claims, 18650's, and you should be good to go. The TM16GT is a very good allrounder, with good throw, useable spill and high reliability. Yours should serve you very well.

:welcome::)

Ohh, btw, when you turn the light off, and particularly if you are in a dark area, you might notice faint residual output from the leds, for a few minutes. Normal and not a worry!!! I noticed your comment in the other TM16GT review. Remember, range is to ANSI standard, which is 1/4 of 1 lux ( someone correct me if that's wrong ). So at 1003M in the TM16GT's case, that's barely enough light to read a newspaper by, and you are trying to see something illuminated, with that much light, from a km. Not going to happen, our eyes just aren't that good, without help, like binoculars or a zoom camera. Remember also, the TM16GT achieves that ANSI standard with just 3,600 lumens, a credible effort for a combo thrower/spill light. Useable light to 400M - 500M it will do well. As another example of throw, my K75 Acebeam ( 2,400M ansi ) I can aim at a telecommunications tower some 1,600M away from me. I cant see that with the naked eye reflecting off the tower, and just barely reflecting off the white 'dish' covers. If I use a pair of 8 x 42 binoc's though, its dead easy to see lighting up the tower. 1500 lumens to 3,600 lumens high to turbo will not give an apparent 'double the output'. It takes nearly 4x the output ( approx. ) to double the light ( to our eyes ). None of this alters the fact though, that its an excellent allrounder. Mine has done 100's of hours without fault and at present its got Jetbeam 2300Mah 18650's in it.

Last edited: