NO-hassle guarantee from Surefire...?

my_gentle_cry

Newly Enlightened
Re: NO-hassle guarantee from Surefire is just a myth

I just want to say that I have owned several SF lights over the years. And not one of them have been registered with them.

Yet, they have fixed every single problem that I have ever had with one of their products. From a blown P60 in a G2 that was brand-spankin' new. To a KX2 with a cat-**** green beam (I had to send it back.) Even a Z59 that stopped working minutes after receiving my 6P Defender..

The same applies with this latest phone call to SF. I didn't get on the phone and demand anything. I simply asked them if I could if I purchase those two parts. I even told the lady I had my CC ready and waiting.

"Just tell me when you want my CC number and I'll give it to you..." ~Me

"That's ok. Those two items are covered under warranty. There will be no charge. Here is your order number _________. Can I confirm the following address ________ ? We'll get those items right out." ~SF

:grin2:
Schuey2002, thanks for Ur info. It may help to offer them my CC and to give them an opportunity to udrerstand that I'm ready to make a payment and I really want these spares.

my_gentle_cry

Newly Enlightened

What I find weird is he called them and they asked him to email them? Anyone else experience this?

DimmerD, I don't see that my case is weird... as for their request to email them I explained it earler. Be more attentive

Schuey2002

Enlightened

I just wanted to add that my parts showed up today.

I received a long clip for my L4, a spacer for it, and a new G2 bezel w/lens. Even though I told the lady that I just needed the lens and not the entire bezel. :kiss:

SureFire's CS came through yet again! Thanks, SF! :goodjob:

wykeite

Newly Enlightened

My E2D switch has ceased to be, it is dead etc. Email Surefire support yesterday and got the following not very helpful nor hassle-free reply today:-

Unfortunately we can only ship inside of the US.
For this issue you would need to order from a near by dealer.

Customer Service SUREFIRE
18300 Mt. Baldy Circle I Fountain Valley, CA 92708 I U.S.A.
T 714-545-9444 ex. 2210 T 800-828-8809 F 714-545-9537

Illumination tools and accessories designed to meet the demanding needs of high-risk professionals. Tested and relied upon in the world's harshest conditions.

Go with the proven performer. Go SureFire.

At least they do answer emails. I don't particularly like the sound of 'you would need to order', seems like payment is required.

Edit update, I've emailed Surefire asking if this means that they do not honour their warranty. The E2D was on it's first set of batteries so it could hardly be considered 'fair wear and tear'. I'd have to put this one down to defective. Makes me reluctant to go with the proven performer again.

Last edited:

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast

Maybe they thought you were trying to get a freebie??

:shrug:

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast

as for the calls... I decided to call them yesterday... I had been waiting for my turn for 15 min )))) then i had a talk with James... he said that i needed to explain him the whole problem with my flashlight then he would be able to help... the first question was "where are U from?"... I explained him the problem and he said that I needed another support service manager ... James tried to reconnect me to the manager who decides repair flashlight cases ... and the money on my phone were over :D and it was no wonder for me... ))) to call them I need to burn out the whole salary on my phone account ))))so, James said that Martin would be online the next week. I will try to contact Martin and to send fax.
It's a shame Surefire's International toll free # only currently works in Germany and England. Hopefully it will be expanded to all of the EU as the phone standardization process slowly plods ahead eventually making this kind service problem a thing of the past.

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast

If by good luck you mean waiting 2 weeks per response... I guess so :p

My post was more getting to the point of why toll free for all of Europe, but not Australia. That's all :)

wykeite

Newly Enlightened

Sorry mate, had a very quick response that did me no good at all.

Agree with the toll free number, probably try that Monday morning. Aussies should get the same as the whinging Poms:poke: :D.

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yeah do your best to call.

I was able to be patient as I had more than one A2, so I just sat it out and waited for replies to emails.

If I have issues in the future, I will call first up however :thumbsup:

No comment on your last comment :whistle: :sssh: :nana:

yuk

Newly Enlightened

My E2D switch has ceased to be, it is dead etc. Email Surefire support yesterday and got the following not very helpful nor hassle-free reply today:-

When I broke my 6P I emailed Surefire for this incident. They answered about 2 days later. Although I told them that it was my fault, they offered to send me a new replacement bezel and a tailcap. But because I live in Greece I was told that I have to contact the International Department, so I fired an email to them. They replied after a couple of hours (!) and after 10 days I had the replacements in my hands! :twothumbs

wykeite

Newly Enlightened

DimeRazorback;3116011 No comment on your last comment :whistle: :sssh: :nana:[/QUOTE said:
:tinfoil: The RAN RNZN and the RN are are playing rugby against each other just a few miles from where I live and I get discount tickets:twothumbs. Got to go :D.

When I broke my 6P I emailed Surefire for this incident. They answered about 2 days later. Although I told them that it was my fault, they offered to send me a new replacement bezel and a tailcap. But because I live in Greece I was told that I have to contact the International Department, so I fired an email to them. They replied after a couple of hours (!) and after 10 days I had the replacements in my hands! :twothumbs

Must try this one, thanks. I don't really want a cascade of switches. One that works would do.

Kestrel

Flashaholic

I just called SF early last week for:

Two bent Z41 tailcap springs
Broken cinch on a SF lanyard

They offered to send one new complete Z41 and a replacement lanyard, but they were very interested in the age of each failed part that I had.

I just rec'd them, as promised.

SF :thumbsup: from me.

Monocrom

Flashaholic

HELL LIGHT, thx for Ur advice

It is indeed best to call Surefire, rather than e-mailing them.

It is also best to ignore any advice given by Hell Light. He is well known for cheating other members of CPF in any deals involving flashlights. His reputation here is that of a con-man.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sorry you are having the problems. That sucks. I would shop elseware in the future. No flashlight company anymore is "the only game in town"

my_gentle_cry

Newly Enlightened

It is indeed best to call Surefire, rather than e-mailing them.

It is also best to ignore any advice given by Hell Light. He is well known for cheating other members of CPF in any deals involving flashlights. His reputation here is that of a con-man.

Monocrom, I didn't know about it :eek:thank U for warning.
woodrow, hope my today's call to them will bring good news

wykeite

Newly Enlightened

Customer Service SUREFIRE
18300 Mt. Baldy Circle I Fountain Valley, CA 92708 I U.S.A.
T 714-545-9444 ex. 2210 T 800-828-8809 F 714-545-9537

Illumination tools and accessories designed to meet the demanding needs of high-risk professionals. Tested and relied upon in the world's harshest conditions.

Go with the proven performer. Go SureFire.

At least they do answer emails. I don't particularly like the sound of 'you would need to order', seems like payment is required.

Edit update, I've emailed Surefire asking if this means that they do not honour their warranty. The E2D was on it's first set of batteries so it could hardly be considered 'fair wear and tear'. I'd have to put this one down to defective. Makes me reluctant to go with the proven performer again.

An update:

I sent an email to International(at)surefire.com over the weekend and prepared to call them a.m. Calif time. Before I could call I received an email asking me to detail the fault and to give my name, address and tel no. which I did. That was Monday.

This morning I fired up the computer to find a reply (sent Tuesday Ca. time) giving me an order number and telling me that a replacement is being shipped.

Reading the posts in this thread it would seem SF are slow to reply, this is certainly not the case in this instance - far from it. My only complaint is that the 'helpyou' address dismissed me without directing me to 'international'. It was like dealing with two seperate companies.

I don't expect many Surefire failures in the future but if and when I know the route to go.

Thanks Surefire:thumbsup:.

pulstar

Enlightened

An update:

I sent an email to International(at)surefire.com over the weekend and prepared to call them a.m. Calif time. Before I could call I received an email asking me to detail the fault and to give my name, address and tel no. which I did. That was Monday.

This morning I fired up the computer to find a reply (sent Tuesday Ca. time) giving me an order number and telling me that a replacement is being shipped.

Reading the posts in this thread it would seem SF are slow to reply, this is certainly not the case in this instance - far from it. My only complaint is that the 'helpyou' address dismissed me without directing me to 'international'. It was like dealing with two seperate companies.

I don't expect many Surefire failures in the future but if and when I know the route to go.

Thanks Surefire:thumbsup:.

From which country do you come from that you were told to email them to international@....?

Boy SureFire

Enlightened

Best regards to the OP. I saw this thread, and recalled another longer running one about surefire customer service. I had a out-of-the-box E1L tailcap issue, and I never emailed until a year later, but Within two weeks I had new tail cap, but I live in the states.....As you'll see in the thread Surefire does come through for their customers. It might not be 100% of the time, but in general they do stand behind their products.

Re: Well who's BROKE a Surefire?

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/236993

P.S. Best of and I hope it's gets resolved:grin2:.