No More Donations Needed for Christmas Gifts VII

greenLED

Flashaholic
Re: Donations Needed for Christmas Gifts VII

Lux, the rules apply only to recipients.

The way I read them, they're in place to ensure a bit of introspection before asking for a recipient slot.

ksbman

Flashaholic*

I'm confused by your list of rules, as it sounds like they should mostly be applying to recipients...but they make little sense to me taken as a whole. The most confusing if someone is considering contributing a light, with no expectation of receiving one are these rules:

In the past I didn't list my rules until the thread for recipients. There were a couple guys who would not post all year, wait for my 'Donations' thread, make a post and be qualified for the list. They have done this several times and I haven't liked that. So these rules were posted early to thwart them.

As I have stated or implied since the second year, the Christmas list is for participating members of CPF. Not for lurkers (I don't qualify as a recipient) or for people to show up, grab a light, never to be heard from again.

These seem like Bah Humbug rules.

If your 'About Me' profile isn't filled out, you don't qualify. - To me, this is just a silly rule, easily fixed to be qualified. Being of the non-paranoid persuasion, I think everyone should some part of their profile filled out.

If you have more than one 'high end' light, you don't qualify. - The intent of the Christmas list was to get some nice flashlights into the hands of people who could not afford them otherwise. In my opinion if you can afford more than one high end light, you don't need to be on a list to get a free light with those who can't afford even one high end light. I consider a high end flashlight as something over a couple hundred dollars. A light which was considered high end a couple years ago might not be thought of as such now.

If you just don't want to spend your own money, you don't qualify. - Sure, it's always nice to receive a gift. But the intent of this give-away is to get nice flashlights into the hands of Flashaholics who can't afford them. If you just want to exchange gifts, start a Secret Santa thread.

LuxLuthor, are you wanting to donate a light? Which rule(s) would you like to see changed?

Last edited:

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast

I consider a high end flashlight as something over a couple hundred dollars.

Couple hundred dollars! I would think I disqualify because of my $50 Proton Pro:ohgeez:. To me someone in need is a person who's collection has a Taskforce as shelf queen:grin2:. It might be just my opinion but anyone who could afford a light worth the total of 3 beginner flashaholics collections is not really in need of charity, but those are just my two cents:whistle:.

AardvarkSagus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yep, I still don't have any lights over a couple hundred. Maybe someday. I have a SF Aviator (gifted to me) but that is my most expensive retail priced light. I believe I have decided on a light to donate though, but I will have to look around again to make sure.

Wanna know? It's a ******!

Guess you'll have to wait and see.

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yep, I still don't have any lights over a couple hundred. Maybe someday. I have a SF Aviator (gifted to me) but that is my most expensive retail priced light. I believe I have decided on a light to donate though, but I will have to look around again to make sure.

Wanna know? It's a ******!

Guess you'll have to wait and see.
Are you sure it's not a ***** or a *******? :poke:

:D

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic

We can donate as many things as we want right? I have parts!

Last edited:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic

PM sent!

Now I may come up with a few more things so expect another PM later.

neal71

Newly Enlightened

Cannot think of a better place to say thanks than the page where people are donating lights for those in need..

I did not post on here for a long time, I really just got on this forum to do research on some lights, and had not really even though about joining. It was the support for one another on this forum, and the people who are here to truly help one another, giving advice or raising money to help those in need. Since almost my whole family has worked in public service it is just awesome to see so many people that really appreciate what the police, firefighters, armed forces, ect... are doing and how something as simple as a flashlight really can make that much of a difference. Thanks.

Last edited:

usLEDsupply

Newly Enlightened

i don't have any flashlights but i would be glad to donate some other sweet led lights
how does this work tho? do i send them to you or the person receiving them?

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast

usLEDsupply,

cool website :)

anyways -- you send them to the winner, not ksbman.

Gunner12

Flashaholic

Arrg, I wish I could donate, but everything I have is either scratched up or broken.

The McGizmo is working just fine ksbman (2modes and all). Thanks!

Gatsby

Enlightened

Just managed to catch onto this - I certainly don't qualify as a recipient but will look around and see what I can perhaps donate!

I'm sure I have something I can part with to bring some brightness to someone else in the community.