Novatac 120P XP-G - now with outdoor beamshots!

ionizedsky

Enlightened
Just take out the retaining ring and the pill will follow,
very easy if the retaining ring is not glued with red loctite.
i used i little piece that i've cut from a small saw.
good mod, cheers
boz

Thanks I appreciate it!

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
First off, to the OP, once again very nice work! And this is off topic, but I didn't want to start a whole new thread just to ask one question...

I have a question for those of you who have modded a Ra Clicky recently. Does it disassemble the same way as the Novatac? Or can I access the emitter though the bezel? Also, does anyone have a picture of the Ra heatsink with the emitter romoved/present? Will the heatsink allow for an XP-G with a 10mm board, or does it have to be the bare emitter (I'm assuming bare emitter, b/c of limited space)? Will the XP-G need to be shimmed up, or filed down (in height) to reach the proper focal point?

I ask because I'm getting impatient waiting for a Ra clicky/twisty with a higher output and a more efficient emitter.

Thank you for your help, and beautiful job OP.

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
:confused::bumpit::confused:

Anyone? I saw the other thread that kz1000s1 posted a link to, but the photos aren't there anymore.

ionizedsky

Enlightened
HEY BOZ,

Do you have any close up photos of the red heatsink with the original led in place, I took mine out already and didn't mark which side was Neg and Pos... :banghead: