Of all my lights, I am constantly and consistently impressed by

steed77

Newly Enlightened
My Elektrolumens P-7 EDC.
But it may soon have competition from the incoming MCE version.

I'm with this guy!

I did just do a direct-drive MC-E 6P, nice but the incoming MC-E I have been waiting for. :thumbsup:

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't afford anything that would really impress me q_q

That said, I still love the E2e. More bang for your bulk than anything else I own.

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have several, including Malkoff "Warm" drop-ins, that have the 5A tint Cree emitters. The difference in how usable the beams, and realistic the color rendition is compared to standard Crees, Luxeons, Seouls, etc. is so great that as far as I'm concerned they are all obsolete.

at this moment, I use flashlights most for all kinds of electronics inspections, where the SF L1 LumaMax does the job very, very well indeed.

It may have uhhh, not my favorite color of light, but as long as I'm not in the woods, that's no problem.
Got a L1 on the way, since I won't be so eager to carry a full-size light with Malkoff drop-in when the weather gets hot. It will get one of those Q3 5A emitters, whether I do it, or have to pay someone to.
With the low and high modes, plus a diffuser to go from spot to flood, it should make a wonderful EDC light. Thanks for the mini-review. Even after reading anything and everything about it on the forum, it's still nice to hear more good feedback, especially after finally putting money on it:thumbsup:
Hopefully it will become THE one that "constantly and consistently impresses" me even more than the others.

Styerman

Newly Enlightened
Two really impress me , my old skool McLux III PD , and my Streamlight microstream .

Chris

mudman cj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where corn and pigs are grown unimpeded by trees
My L1 with a Cree Q3 5A and McR-19XR upgrade. It was originally a Lux model, and retains the nice low mode. The reflector produces a very usable beam that is so close to that of the A2 that when I put them side by side on high, one of my flashaholic friends that is also a CPF member (shall remain nameless for now) was unable to tell which was which! :thumbsup:

RGB_LED

Enlightened
I'm with ya!!!! I have 5 Propolys modded with Seouls and I use them more then anything else I own. These modded Propolys are extremely bright, have a ton of throw & spill, run regulated for a looooong time and are really durable. They just feel like a flashlight should! Not to big, not to small, JUST RIGHT!
fishx65... I've read a couple of threads on modding the Propoly lights. How easy / difficult is it? I have one and thinking that I would put it to more use if it was modded. Do you have any pics of the mod? :popcorn:

islw2863

Newly Enlightened
Of all my lights, I am constantly and consistently impressed by

Husky 200 lumen from Home Depot.

Every night it goes with me while walking the dogs and I enjoy throwing clear broad hotspots on trees 100 yards away. Runs a long time on two D cells, built massive and sturdy, and only cost $24.99.

22hornet

Enlightened
the Streamlight Stylus Pro. The size is perfect, the output is very good, the runtime is great, and the throw is great for a small light. If I could ony have one light, I could easily live with this one, easily.

Hello,
I have and love this one as well but found it to be not so water-resistant. It fogs up on the inside when taken into the shower :oops:.
Output and throw, however, are tops for a 2AAA.

Kind regards,
Joris

fishx65

Enlightened
fishx65... I've read a couple of threads on modding the Propoly lights. How easy / difficult is it? I have one and thinking that I would put it to more use if it was modded. Do you have any pics of the mod? :popcorn:

Not that hard to do after you separate the base from the reflector. Makes the Propoly a whole different animal! You will start using the Propoly again if you Seoul it. Everything you need to know is here: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/149149

I went with the DX Seoul U-bins for all 5 of mine.

jmerq9999

Newly Enlightened
My Surefire E2DL never fails to impress me. I've got others that are easier to live with while they're in my pocket, but the E2DL is very comfortable in the hand and the beam on low or high is a thing of beauty.

Illum

Flashaholic
E2L, constantly and consistently impressed by the fact that it still works, regardless of how many wash cycles:ohgeez:

Now its my work light, whenever it gets oily I just stuff it in a designated sock, tie off the open end and throw it in

MWClint

Enlightened
spy 007

it offers as little or as much light as you need.
machining and construction continually blow my mind.
it carries like a single cell light, but provides 2 cell runtime.

and the bonus, under the right light, you can see rainbows in the Ti

rainbows.jpg

sorry, blurry cellphone pic, i really should consider edcing a quality camera..
but ive spent all my cash on lights. :ohgeez: