Of all my lights, I am constantly and consistently impressed by

heckboy

Enlightened
My E1e. It is using lighflux lamp ***'y with rechargable batteries. The size of the light, brightness, and runtime of is entirely sufficient for my uses. I like the warm tint of the incandencent lamp.

I wouldn't feel too shortchanged if it were my only light.

Later,
HB

Pontiaker

Enlightened
My E1L modded by gmcjimd, absolutly stunning, small, set to two modes it does everything I need it to do in my EDC. Next would be the Fenix PD20 it replaced, best bang for the buck for sure.
Matt

Last edited:

325addict

Enlightened
@ Owen:

so, in fact you say: GO and get your own Malkoff-warm-white dropin :whistle:

I was already tempted by them... especially the low-output ones with the WW emitter. The M60WL only draws 350mA @ 6V and still throws out 100 Lumens. With 7,2V it will draw even less, maybe about 300mA. Even with those RCR123s you'll have comfortably more than an hour runtime :thumbsup:

Maybe I'll eventually have to go for it, and pay those 55 dollars for it....

Timmo.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since no one says it, my D10. :D For its size, AA capacity, knurling, simplicity and my first love :kiss:

Ritch

Enlightened
The product line designed by Henry. The HDS U60, U60GT, the following NT 120P and now the RA Clicky. Robust flashlights, well machined, excellent beam characteristics, all-round usable. The best UI imho.

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
@ Owen:
so, in fact you say: GO and get your own Malkoff-warm-white dropin :whistle:
Everybody should get one:)

Certainly wouldn't try to steer anyone away from the Malkoff, but since you love the L1...I'm getting with mudman cj(who also posted about his L1, above) about that Q3 5A and a reflector or diffuser mod. Still debating what exactly to do--versatility vs. fooling with a beamshaper.
Don't know what your inspections involve, but realistic color and a flat, unmarred flood just can't be beat for close use. Hard to believe I started using C and E series SFs something like six years ago, and just tried the FM34 and F04 in the last few months.
This L1 is ok, but I bet after the mod it will get, oh, about 100% of my EDC time.
dscn3804e.jpg

Got the tailcap shroud so it can freestand here:
http://www.jsburlysflashlights.com/...ts&catstr=HOME:valiantconceptsflashlightparts

btw, my M60WLF draws 270mA on 2xR123. Should get ~2hr. 15min.
The full-powered M60W draws 550mA from the same batteries, and got 1hr. 4min. 50sec. when I tested runtime with AW R123s.
I use the M60WLF in a C2L-HA for an EDC, and the M60W in a 6P with Z49 tailcap and FM34 diffuser at work. Even after a few months with them, I still get tickled every time I fire either one up.
Buy them all, and let the Marketplace sort them out:devil:

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
the Muyshondt Aeon. The runtime on low is outstanding, packs a punch on high when you need it, and you don't even realize it's there while on a keychain.

+1

It is on my keychain every day and I am always amazed with it's performance; I wouldn't need any other light if I was given to owning only one.

It also would not be my choice if I could own only one light, but it would certainly be my first choice for any light to put on my keychain. I have since sold and/or traded all of my other AAA or CR2 lights because the Aeon refuses to let go of its spot on my keychain.

rjr104

Newly Enlightened
I think I'll have to mention the Dereelight EDC C2H. Just recently bought it and it suprises me the quality of the light, great throw, and a half decent spill.

Jaybird

Newly Enlightened
Fenix P1D CE Q5. 180 lumens squeezed into 71 millimeters still impresses me.
:thumbsup:

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
Liteflux LF3XT is a unique and treasured stand out among a good number of great lights that I have. Amazingly l-o-w low. Bright, punchy high. Quick to minimum, quick to maximum, quick to ramping, momentary if desired or not, if not, memory. Can be simple. Can be programmed. Magnificent beam; smooth, creamy blend from hotspot to spill, no artifacts. Super versatility, range, convenience, UI, very useful in numerous applications. A home run light.

Alternately, the Jet III Military.

And though they are not versatile due to being single output, my Malkoff M60 lamp is a dream lamp that I frequently move around from 3P to 6P and 9P hosts. Most recently into a Fivemega 18650 tube with 6P head, AW 18650 protected cell, and Z-59 tailcap.

Last edited:

AzGB

Enlightened
I realized that I can't answer this without contenders...

Bone Stock Production light: My SureFire E1B Backup.

Modified Production: Milky ML1.

Custom: McLux PD-S

But more often then not, it's my little CR2 Ion that amazes me. Like it was mentioned before regarding the Aeon, if I could have only one, this probably wouldn't be it, but for overall satisfaction, the Ion wins. It took a sabbatical from my keys when the SureFire Titan came out, and I still have my Titan and am impressed by it, but the Ion just fits too well.

Eagleout

Newly Enlightened
My ARC-LS, although I'm looking closely at a Liteflux LF3XT now.

1dash1

Enlightened
Gerber UI
a very floody dim light very well suited for indoors use around the house

+1

It ain't pretty. It ain't bright. The beam has an (almost ridiculously far) off-center spot. The tint is downright purple. It's form is pudgy. It has no fancy features - nothing programmable, nothing focusable, and the only thing adjustable is the clip. It's too big and too heavy to use as a keychain light. It's too small and too dim to use as a general purpose light. It's a very unimpressive looking light.

But first impressions can be deceiving. The GIU is rugged, tough, and dependable. It runs forever on a single AA. It has an extraordinarily wide, floody beam. It is supremely useful for almost every mundane task that arises in and around the house, in and around the campfire, and just about everywhere else. It works simply. It simply works!!

I have no doubt that this light will survive well beyond my lifetime, provided I don't lose it or abuse it. The only thing that I see limiting its usefulness is the possible future obsolescence of AA cells.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I like a lot of my lights for various reasons but if I have to pick one, it has to be my Draco. One of the lowest settings available with a nice mid and an incredible output on high that would be great if the light was 3 times bigger!

Plus it's smooth, with such a gentle, fat hotspot for a perfect cross between a floody light that offers just a touch of throw.

TomInOregon

Newly Enlightened
Fenix P1D premium Q5. It's as bright as my Surefire 6P which got me started into flashlights again and it's much smaller. I carry it everywhere no matter what the occasion and I forget I even have it on my belt because it's so small and light. Batteries last longer then my Surefire and I only use one at a time. Every time I turn it on, I am amazed how bright it is for its' size. Fantastic light.

The Sun

Enlightened
Henry's lights continue to impress me, namely the Twisty 100Tw. As long as there is electricity for RCR's or primaries to burn it will be alive. Another is the Ti BitZ it's a great all around light!

After all the lights i have acquired, i have still not found "the one," close but not yet. The only reasoning for my insanity is; if Armageddon were tomorrow not one of those $10-$1000+ lights would work long. Someone needs to come up with a small quality custom "shake light" that's Armageddon proof, and that will be my "one." Something like the Ra Twisty 100Tw Shake Light would be perfect. That would set my tired mind at ease....unless of course Armageddon comes with a global EMP hehehe

Last edited:

cerbie

Enlightened
Inova X5. I reach for it again and again, and it keeps doing the job. It lacks cool factor, advanced electronics, and new LEDs...but it's a great little workhorse.

KingGlamis

Banned
the Streamlight Stylus Pro. The size is perfect, the output is very good, the runtime is great, and the throw is great for a small light. If I could ony have one light, I could easily live with this one, easily.

No offense, but when you say you could easily live with the Stylus Pro as your only light, what do you use lights for? Again, no offense, but it's bright enough to find the bathroom or read a book, but not really bright enough for most things I use a flashlight for.

Latest posts