ok i need a women

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
MrBenchmark: That has happend a million times to me. Girls think I'm too nice and fun to hang out with and get serious. Then they come crying to me everytime about thier abusive boyfriends and tell me how wonderfull I am. I hate that. The only thing I can do now is in the future is to be stern and ask them out before they know me too much, so I don't become "their brother"

Santelmo: I find myself attracted to older women too. Reason: they are more mature. They are over thier wild flings. Some girls aren't like that. I guess. I haven't met any of them. All of the "good" girls are taken, usualy by a-holes. I can actually have a conversation with older women. Some are very attractive and look young. But when they find out my age they are no longer intersted. They think I'm 28 or older but look young. I'm 23. I thought surely by now girls that are 23/24 wouldn't act like high-school kids... But until I'm proven wrong....

Lurker: Very good point. You have to throw yourself out there. One time it will eventually work. You'll never know until you try. You may meet a lot of women who aren't the relationship type, but you gotta sift through them. Also some girls may not look like they're interested in you, but when you find out later that they were just intimitaded by you!! Even if you are the most quite guy out there!

A different town too can make all the difference. The girls I see in a normal day are too young, and the older ones at the "bars" are the same ones that are there every time. My town has the worst ratio of men to women I swear. A place can be packed, and there will be 10 women out of 200 people. You litterally do have to get into a fight to talk to a girl here.

I'm going to try to move to the college town 20mins away from here. So many people, so much more nice. Ratio is in the guys favor. ALL the girls look like models, and are down to earth, not stuck up and talk to you! They don't know anyone up there and are nice. My town is very "clicky" and if they don't know you, they don't talk to you.

Good luck to everyone!!! I've tried to be hopefull but always have doubts. I just hope I'm proved wrong someday, that will be a nice surprise! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yupp!!!!

At first I was confused. I was thinking, "SureFire, how the H*** is that relavent?......OOOOOOOOOO"

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

jaids

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
BakerOnFire90 said:
Yupp!!!!

At first I was confused. I was thinking, "SureFire, how the H*** is that relavent?......OOOOOOOOOO"

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I did the same thing. Need to get out of this flashlight business. After 1 more...

Leeoniya

Enlightened
IsaacHayes, thats exactly what i did to my GF i flat out told her that i was interested in dating and not just being friends and that i wouldnt want to be friends with someone i want to date cause it'd be too difficult for me to see the person i want, going out with assholes and having to hear about it. so she was forced to date me cause she thought i was a nice funny guy. and ended up liking it. 3 years and counting...hehe, and valentines day brings me an ARC-LSH.

MrBenchmark

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
IsaacHayes said:
A different town too can make all the difference. The girls I see in a normal day are too young, and the older ones at the "bars" are the same ones that are there every time. My town has the worst ratio of men to women I swear. A place can be packed, and there will be 10 women out of 200 people. You litterally do have to get into a fight to talk to a girl here.

I'm going to try to move to the college town 20mins away from here. So many people, so much more nice. Ratio is in the guys favor. ALL the girls look like models, and are down to earth, not stuck up and talk to you! They don't know anyone up there and are nice. My town is very "clicky" and if they don't know you, they don't talk to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some towns are just unfavorable. We used to have an office in Eugene, OR. It's a LOVELY place - just an unbelievably nice town. One of my good friends worked there, single guy (I'm an old married guy), and he never seemed to have a date. Yet I saw LOTS of women when I was around. Tons of women. A plethora of women. Not quite "up-to-the-eyeballs" in women, but lots. It was definitely what I'd call a "favorable ratio."

Well, I had to ask him what the deal was - why couldn't he get a date? To answer the question, he takes me and Mrs.Benchmark out to dinner. We're having a nice dinner. Place is pretty busy. So my friend points something out to us, and we look around and notice it too and then suddenly I understand the problem. As I look around the restaurant, it's a Friday night, so there's lots of couples - but it's all girls. But Mrs.B and I are pretty much the only male/female couple in the place. Indeed other than some European tourists who'd just walked in, my friend and I were almost the only men in the place. So my friend explains to me that Eugene is a major mecca for gay women. If he hadn't pointed it out, I'm not sure I'd have ever noticed. But it did slow down his social life a lot. (Well, that and the wicked, evil company we worked for at the time...) So hopefully you're not planning a move to Eugene.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
No worries Raggie, im 24 and ive been single for 6 years /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Shane

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
GeoffChan said:
[ QUOTE ]
cobb said:
SM seking SF, must like flashlights, Clint Eastwood movies and NASCAR. Like that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Did anybody else read that as Single Male looking for SureFire instead of Single Female....

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

Geoff

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif ROTFL!!! You almost made me spit my beer all over the keyboard!!

junior

Enlightened
You guys have it good. I end up being with most of my friends that are girls/women. We start off as friends and as time progresses, something always happens.

It hasn't happened for quite sometime for i have had a girlfriend for the past 3years and i have been self employed working out of my house (work alone).

Working in a large office was BAD for me. Alot of women work in office jobs (no offense). I would always make friends with most of the women at my old job and then we would become friends. Then the rest is history.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Single male looking for surefire light, must have a long run life, bright beam with throw and interchangable heads for led and regular lighting.

Yeah, it did read like that too now you mention it.

I now work in an office and the ratio is really in our favor. Makes me wonder why the ratio or question my sexual orientation. The job pays full time people 18 grand a year, so I dont think I would be a catch at least in the finanical sense. Since I am part time, I make half that.

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been burned so many times by women, I've developed an: If it doesn't have a chip it don't go near it attitude. Beside, were I live the women are looking for women! Just does not pay to be a "good guy".

chiphead

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
At least you can count on a flashlight when things go wrong.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
chiphead

Solomon

Newly Enlightened
Hey Raggie

Do you have LOTS of money???

LOTU - Law of the universe.

"Women are attracted to money like filings to a magnet"

They'll be lining up for you!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

If you don't have LOTS of money, now you know what you need to do...

If you do have LOTS of money, but can't get dates, then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/aaa.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
chiphead said:
At least you can count on a flashlight when things go wrong.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
chiphead

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry to say this and I sincerely wish it didn't have to be so, but this is so true....

In the meantime I'll be right here with my U2.

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
Hey Raggie....I have a wife.....but now I need a spare woman /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif We are never satisfied with what we have...It's like flashlight, We always want what we have not.... and when we obtain that we want another thing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
But, don't worry, certainly one day you could find a shoe at your foot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
FrenchyLed said:
But, don't worry, certainly one day you could find a shoe at your foot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I gather this is a French saying along the lines of "one day you'll be complete/whole/satisfied?" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Solomon said:
Hey Raggie

Do you have LOTS of money???

LOTU - Law of the universe.

"Women are attracted to money like filings to a magnet"

They'll be lining up for you!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

If you don't have LOTS of money, now you know what you need to do...

If you do have LOTS of money, but can't get dates, then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/aaa.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

This may be true, but IMO these are not the women you want to have attracted to you. If they are around for the $, then they don't believe the "for richer and poorer" part in a long term relationship.

I think the best advice in a relationship is to just be yourself. If you pretend to be someone you aren't, one day you will wake up (even if you have a wonderful girlfriend/wife/the like) and realize she don't like/love you, but the person you were pretending to be.

Photon, I think it is a French saying along the lines of "one day you will find a shoe that fits your foot perfectly."

-Mike

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
What you need to do is find the women with money, not the other way around. You may want to subscribe to the mike church show, he is all about getting more women for less money.

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
[ QUOTE ]
Xrunner said:

Photon, I think it is a French saying along the lines of "one day you will find a shoe that fits your foot perfectly."

-Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Mike, it's exactly that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
I don't know if it's an expression for you, but here in France "On finit toujours par trouver une chaussure à son pied". Who means that Raggie will find one day a woman just made for him /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif