Old time Battery labels

ackbar

Enlightened
Could be some Copyright and Liability issues involved there.

However, if he could make some in Burgess wrappers . . . .

:paypal::sold:

It's been more than 40 years since i've bought a Burgess battery !

_

Is Burgess still around to sue ya?

batterymaker1

Newly Enlightened
Nice ideas--but a 752 is an AB battery pack designed for a Zenith Trans Oceanic portable radio.

If you're wanting vintage looking D's or C's, you need vintage 950's and 935's.

I noticed someone scared up my old Eveready 950 and Burgess scans. I've since improved them with designs like these:

Bill
prewar950s.jpg

finishedzenithaas.jpg

1950s467andd.jpg

Bill

C.F.Burgess Battery

Newly Enlightened
Is Burgess still around to sue ya?
actually , we are ... ;)

very much alive and well ...

about to release our newly redesigned for the 21st Century safari Lites and redesigned Radar Lite ...

the "old look" is the look of our Heritage line of batteries ...

Thanks for asking :thumbsup:

C.F.Burgess Battery

Newly Enlightened
Last edited:

Apollo Cree

Enlightened
Some interesting pics here:

http://www.antiqueradios.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=113152&sid=1cec88e92ff7276634c1113103ed8676

Gosh, you guys are making me feel old. I vaguely remember the old high voltage "B" batteries in various sizes and voltages wrapped with paper/cardboard labels.

I clearly remember "A" filament batteries in the 60's. Dry cell, 1.5 volts, about the size of two beer cans stacked one on top of each other. I remember using them to start fuel-powered model airplanes. On strings, none of this fancy radio controlled stuff.

C.F.Burgess Battery

Newly Enlightened
We supplied the Navy with quite a few Big "B" batteries during Gulf War 1 for back up radios ... good ol tube radios keep on keepin on !!

Thanks for the web link ... they might have artwork we don't have ....

Last edited:

Burgess

Flashaholic
To C.F. Burgess Battery --

Welcome to CandlePowerForums !

:welcome:

Best of Luck (and health) to you and your Family, in 2010.

I'll be watching for yer' New Products !

:wave:
_

C.F.Burgess Battery

Newly Enlightened
Nice loking 50's and 60's era Burgess D cell design ..

Anybody have a pre WWII Burgess D cell ?

We have catalog artwork , but , of course , that only shows the front of the cell ...

Prewar Schwinn

Newly Enlightened
Vintage Battery Labels

Hello I just joined this site. Forgive me if I'm posting in the wrong forum. I'm looking for someone that might have a late 30's or early 40's scan of a 6 volt lantern battery label. I need it to cover a latern battery for a prewar schwinn bicycle. I found D cell scans and they work great for my other bikes. At the bottom it says I may not post images or I would have attached the 1938 D cell eveready scan for everyone's use.

Thanks

Prewar Schwinn

Newly Enlightened
Hello I'm brand new to the forum. I have D cell eveready scans dated 1938 if anyone would like them. I'm looking for a 6 volt lantern battery scan from the mid 30's to mid 40's. The D cell battery scans work perfect for my 36 and 37 prewar schwinn battery trays. I have a 1940 Schwinn bicycle that takes the 6 volt latern battery hence the need for a 6 volt lantern battery vintage scan. Please post or e-mail if you can help. I think I'm too new to post images. My e-mail is [email protected] if anyone wants a copy of the 38 D cell eveready scan I have please e-mail. Thanks

ronkar

Newly Enlightened
Re: Vintage Battery Labels

Welcome.

You might get a better answer in the Flashlight Collecting forum. Scroll down a bit more on the index.

The easy way to show a photo is to put it elsewhere, and put the link here.

:welcome:

boss429

Newly Enlightened
Some interesting pics here:

http://www.antiqueradios.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=113152&sid=1cec88e92ff7276634c1113103ed8676

Gosh, you guys are making me feel old. I vaguely remember the old high voltage "B" batteries in various sizes and voltages wrapped with paper/cardboard labels.

I clearly remember "A" filament batteries in the 60's. Dry cell, 1.5 volts, about the size of two beer cans stacked one on top of each other. I remember using them to start fuel-powered model airplanes. On strings, none of this fancy radio controlled stuff.
Ditto that-you needed something big to get those glowplugs glowing! I remember no longer being able to buy those beer can batteries at the "Pic-n-Save"! I had a P-51 and a front engine dragster on string-you might get dizzy if you put enough fuel in them or your string got broken and was way too short-LOL

Prewar Schwinn

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the link I will try that forum as well. I wish I could attach the scan I have but I'm too new and my image source will not allow me to attach .pdf files. If someone is interested I could e-mail them the scan I have if they know how to convert them to .jpg or other.

Thank you