Old time Battery labels

kd4hsh

Newly Enlightened
Re: Any graphics available to make replica 4.5 Volt batteries?

I have completed my first replicas of 3-Cell ( 4.5 Volt - 'D' size ) flashlight batteries dated 1925. You can download the graphic at this URL.. http://kd4hsh.homestead.com/Battery-Art-15.html

Not being a flashlight collector, I had never heard of the Cyclone brand made by the Standard Electric Novelty Company.

I hope to have an Eveready Tungsten battery in hand in the next two weeks to scan and make a similar label. There is also a possibility that I will be getting an Ever-Ready 3-cell torch cell circa WW-I that was found on Salisbury Plain in the UK.
Battery-Art-15.html

Robert

kd4hsh

Newly Enlightened
Re: Any graphics available to make replica 4.5 Volt batteries?

I have been searching like crazy for a circa 1925 Burgess Battery Co. No. 232 4.5 Volt flashlight battery. No luck.
As an interim solution I have created a proxy graphic using vintage images. I have built a web page where you can see the results of my effort and download a high rez graphic for your own use.

The link is: http://kd4hsh.homestead.com/Battery-Art-17.html
Battery-Art-17.html

markbvet

Newly Enlightened
Are you still active? I have a question re: an adapter that burgess battery made, that holds 2 spring terminal 6 volt lantern batteries and adapts them to a single screw terminal 6 volt lantern batter, such as the RadarLite used. I'd love to find an adapter or 2.... thanks! Mark B

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Contact David White at gotalight. net who can put you in touch with Steve Gitterman who builds batteries for old lights. Steve showed me how to do my own on occasion. His details can be seen in an advertisement at the gotalight site with contact details. Apparently posting a picture of his ad on the gotalight site is verboten here.

David would love to hear about your old lights to help him fill in historical gaps as well.

Last edited: